"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Handmade Cards and More Tea Towels

I wanted to challenge myself and make cards using more stamps than decorative papers and ready made embellishments. 


(Click on the the photos to see them larger)
 The ink colors I used were aqua mist by Papertray Ink, gray flannel by Memento and Versafine onyx black.
 Stamp set by W-Plus 9 Design Studio called damask frames.
 Penny Black set called gratitude.
 A dollar wood stamp and Prima mini set called songbird love.
 I start by choosing a stamp or stamp set to play with by stamping on copier paper and then I look to see what other stamps that I can combined.


 I did use some dies and punches.



  Then I wanted to change the color of ink and used some Distress inks. For the background and frame I used tattered rose. The frame was popped up with some foam squares. I made the flowers using a small flower punch. I punched the flowers using the same cream card stock and press inked them before I assembled the flowers, using tattered rose and ink the edges in walnut stain. Flower pips for the centers. A Sizzix sizzlits die called branch w/ leaves# 656367 for the leaves. I colored them using Versa Color, bamboo.  
 I enjoy making flowers.

I also finished the next set of tea towels.  I used different shades blue DMC floss.

The weather has been warm here but I do see in the forecast some cooler days ahead.
Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful day. `

2 comments:

Julie said...

Very pretty cards, and neat towels! I love the color. Will you keep them for yourself, or use as gifts???
xoxo- Julie

Bev C said...

Your tea towels remind me of Mum's Blue Willow China set. Just too pretty to use.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo