"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sunset Celebration and Pillow Fight Roses

I did not think I was going to have anything to report in the garden. I've been under the weather for the pass few weeks.  Monday was my first day out in the garden and what a nice surprise to see the roses blooming and the little raise bed doing so well. Hubby did a great of keep things up in the garden.
 Some photos of a few of my roses and the first one is Sunset Celebration. I picked two of them and this one is more of a peach color.
 It's beautiful alone or with
 some sweet peas.  This one is a bit lighter in color.  Maybe I picked it when it was more in the bud stage.

 This is Pillow Fight.  Puts out some amazing clusters of roses.

 My credenza looks very pretty and just in time for Easter.
 It is a very white rose too.

In the raised bed.  I am happy to say that I pick one purple-red carrot.  Only one so far but I do have  two small rows of carnival blend carrots that maybe ready in the next couple of weeks and maybe I will find another purple one.

 Doings some trimming and picking of lettuce.  I have romaine and butterhead bibb. Seeds by Lilly Miller.
 There were a few oak leaf and and black seeded simpson letter also ready to pick for dinner. A nice assortment.
And more sweet peas.  So happy they are doing well.  Also, the seeding of lemon cucumber have already sprouted.  My summer garden is starting and I can't wait to see how these new varieties will do this year.  Thank you for your visit and have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Thanks for sharing your beautiful floral display. Just love the name Pillow Fight!! The carrot is great, they do taste yummy. Glad to see you back out in the garden, enjoy.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Julie said...

My goodness, Bobby Lynn...your two new roses are outstanding! WOW!!!!! The sweet peas are still looking so lovely! I am glad you hear you are feeling better. Sorry you were sick. I love how you have all your beauties on the credenza! Just gorgeous!!! Keep doing well, OK?
xoxo- Julie

Julie said...

P.S. BTW...great looking carrots! Neat prurple one! Hope you will get more!!!
Julie

retdairyqueen said...

Your garden must be looking quite lovely.
Hope you are feeling better xx