"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Larkspurs In My Garden

 Last October I had a few left over seed packets of Larkspurs from a few years ago.  I scattered them in a narrow bed against the garage.  I was not sure if they were going to grow. The seeds of larkspurs are very tiny and hard to grow at times in my garden.
A few made it and it's nice to have them in my garden and also to share them with you.
 These I believe are "French Alouette" seeds are from Renee's Garden. The flowers are doubled.


 These look like "Parisian pink" French larkspur.  Seeds by Renee's Garden.


 A mixture of other seed packets by Botanical Interest of "shades of blue", "giant imperial blend" and "American flag".

Even in a small bed they give such a lift of color in the garden.
 It was hard taking photos of them against a light colored wall. Hope to get them back near the rose area next year.


 A bright beautiful shade of pink popped up.
They too make me smile each time I walk into my kitchen.  I will be purchasing more this year.
The months here to sow them are February - April and September - November.  I have in my calendar to start more in the Fall.  I hope you enjoyed the photos.  Thank you for visiting my blog and have a beautiful day.
Blessings!

6 comments:

Bev C said...

I love the purple ones, such soft delicate blooms. Hope you get lots more of these growing.

Happy gardening.
Bev.

Things and Thoughts said...

What a crop! They are really gorgeous because of their soft, tender colors and length !

Suzanne said...

How gorgeous, they look beautiful in the garden and also as cut flowers. You've inspired me to look into growing some myself! XX

Down by the sea said...

Your photographs are wonderful, I have tried to grow them many times without any success so I have enjoyed seeing your success!
Sarah x

Deb said...

Lovely simply lovely, thanks for sharing.

Rustic Vintage Country said...

I do so love Larkspur, a good old cottage garden fave! Suzy.....a new follower! x