"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, May 13, 2013

Family and Pet Scrapbook Layouts

I wanted to share some scrapbook layouts.

(click onto the photos if you want to see them larger)

 I'm very simple with my layouts. I just like seeing the photos when I turn each page.

The pages that I'm using for the base are  Creative Memories 12" x 12" pages. I have been using Creative Memories for many years and I'm very happy with their products.

The shell decorative papers come from DCWV's paper pad called "The Four Seasons".  I matted each of the 3" x "5 photos onto Coredinations paper called "burnt sugar". A favorite color of paper that I have used many times in my card making and photo layouts, purchased at Jo-anns Fabric store.  The shell label I fussy cut from one of the pages from the paper pad. Inked around the edges using "walnut stain" Distress Ink. Used some shell stickers that I had left over from prior layouts and the computer for some journaling.
 I did not have any more of the shell decorative papers so I used my favorite stamp set by Hero Arts called "Antique Engraving" and a dot stamp to make my own background. I stamped directly onto the photo page. The ink I used was "rich cocoa" by Memento (fade-resistant dye ink). The photos sizes are 3" x 5" and 3"x 3". I used the color "merry" from Cordinations.  Used the computer for the quote.

 I wanted to show you the page before the photos.
 The stamp kind of looked like a sand texture.

 A Father's Day layout from 2011 (see I'm real behind here). I used two sheets of paper from a nice paper pad that I purchased at Michael's craft store.  It was one of their "hot buy" for five bucks and I was able to use my 20% off coupon too.  A great deal there.  The paper pad is called "regent street" by Recollections. Nice papers and the colors are great for male and female cards and layouts.  It has a sewing/tailoring theme.  The tag and button is from the collections label sheet. The "our happy family" is from  K&Comapny collection "air world drive", a Brenda Walton design.  The sentiment and date were made using the computer.

Now on to the Opie layouts.
 Yes, he has his own album but I will add photos up to his latest photos when he just recently turned three.  Then the Opie photos will go into the family album.

These are 12" x 12" layouts.  The checked papers is from Creative Imaginations. Mounted photos onto brown card stock. Hearts were fussy cut from an old collection "the pets stack" by DCWV.  "best friend" sticker by Basic Grey collection called "max and whiskers".
 Last year, I did pick up at my local discount store (Tuesday Morning) this very cute paper pad by Deja Views for $3.99.  Collection is called "dog days".  It comes with die cut shapes, letters, 20 sheets of decorative papers, 6 solid colors of cardstock and a vellum sheet with quotes. These two layouts are using the collection.  Moo-shu is my nickname for Opie.
 I had left over papers from the DCWV "pet stack" and I made some cards for my Daughter to use.  She is part of some of the animal volunteer clinics  and I thought she maybe able to use some of theses.
 Stamped sentiments are from Hero Arts. I did some faux stitching.


Simple cards but I think they came out cute.

I plan to work on a few more layouts and hope to be showing them soon.

I had a nice weekend spending time with family, friends and in the garden. We had some rain last week and now we are having some hot humid days.  Did more sowing of seeds.  My container tomatoes have flowers on them and that is very exciting.


 Container tomatoes
The forget-me-nots are blooming in the garden again.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Great scrapbooking, lots of family time together. Wonderful to have the tomatoes blooming, enjoy. Thanks so much for the beautiful Mother's Day card, I noticed the matching rose stamps, will be keeping those!

Happy days.
Bev.

Julie said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn. I am sorry for the news you left me. I agree we will all be together forever! Thank you for your comment!!! XOXO

I love your shell layout that you stamped yourself! Those simple little country style cards (I adore gingham and hearts) turned out very well!!! Adorable!!!

God bless!
Julie

Marlene said...

Hi Bobbie, thanks for visiting my blog. I'm so loving your family pet layouts,so cute.
Fresh organic tomatoes, yum. I so need to try again next yesr.
xxx
Marlene

Deb said...

Hi, I love the scrapbook pages, the shells work so well with the beach time pages, what a creative idea for your pets pages. The tomatoes are looking great.

Down by the sea said...

I like the look of your scrapbbok pages and the way you have laid them out. I like the Shell decorative paper too.
Sarah x