"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Some Quick Sewing Projects and Chocolate Cookie Recipe

I have a few unfinished sewing project and this is one of them.  A tea pot quilt block that I made into a placemat. I would like to do more place mats and maybe a wall quilt for my kitchen. 


 Here is the book where the pattern came from.  The book is from Sharlene Jorgenson and the series 1100 - Quilting from the heartland.  I saw it back in 2001 and I had to have it. It came with acrylic templates.  I believe this book is now in their clearance section if you maybe interested.

Clearing out my leftover fabrics I had some nice size pieces.  I saw a bib pattern by Butterick -"See &Sew" pattern B5669 and decided to sew some baby bibs.
 They were fast and fun to make.


A couple of baby receiving blankets from left over flannel (Pooh and Eeyore) .  Very easy. They are 36" x 36", backing is blue gingham cotton fabric. The bibs and blankets will be going to my churches nursery center.

A  Christmas project too.  My table top Christmas tree has a skirt now. I purchased the fabric during Christmas time but I did not have time to make it. Now was the perfect time.  I just followed the tutorial from Nancy's Notions YouTube channel, HERE.
The trim was glued on using Fabri-Tac.  Jo-anns carries it. Not a bad job for gluing on trim.


I also found a great chocolate cookie recipe too.  It is very good and this was a two thumbs up by Hubby and his co-workers.   I found it on the Food Network channel and it is from the Paula's Cookie Swap, HERE .   It is a very sticky cookie dough, I cut the cookies smaller (for better baking) and the way they added the sugar on the cookie at the end is different from the video. Recipe says to use sanding sugar.  I used regular granulated sugar and the cookies came out grate.  
Thanks for stopping by and I want to wish you Moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Bye for now.

4 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Love the teapot placemat. Baby bibs and blankets are always so useful. Love the ric-rac on the bibs.

Have a great day.
Bev.

Suzanne said...

I love your teapot placemat! Making placemats for my kitchen table is something I've been planning to do for a while, they won't be as complicated as this one though! XX

Deborah Quartz said...

I just love your sewing projects, the teapot is adorable, I just love anything tea related so this is my favorite.
I make a similar cookie recipe adding 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and I roll them in balls rather than cutting them.

Deb said...

Oops looks like my alter ego left a comment too, I wanted to say I love the tree skirt, and gluing on the trim is a great idea. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful projects.