"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, June 7, 2013

Altered File Folders

I'm doing some organizing of paperwork and I thought it would be nice to have my papers in some pretty file folders.
 Using plain kraft file folders, double sided tape and  12 x 12 decorative papers by DCWV "the mariposa" paper pad.
 Using some acrylic paint and a few of my stamps.  Not too much paint. More of a dry brush.
 I had some twill tape on hand.  I stamp a script stamp using Archival Ink in "sepia", added some gold leaf pen to the edges of the tape and eyelets ( on a few of the folders).
 Edged the the file folder with the gold leaf pen or used the Adirondack dabber paint in "pitch black".

I think I will make more of them.  They were fun to make.

I hope to have some photos posted of the garden soon. The weather here in Southern California is just perfect for being outdoors.  I have been busy with my Daughter being home from school. It's so good to have her home for a while.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Hi Bobbie, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your altered folders, they are so pretty. This is my favorite paper collection of all times, the Mariposa.
xxx
Marlene

Anita said...

Hi Bobbie,
I love your folders they are stunning.
Cheers, Anita.

Julie said...

Enjoy your daughter being home!!!!! Your folders are beautiful!

Suzanne said...

Have fun with your daughter. The files are really lovely. XX