"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Cards and Altered Label Packaging

 A couple of Father's Day cards to share.  The top one is the one I gave to Hubby.  I used papers from BoBunny, Mama-razzi (their first collection). Used spellbinder die label 8 and another die that Ms. "L" had on hand. Inked the edges using a black dabber paint. The sentiment was done by using one of the fonts on my computer and half-back pearls.
 The second card was made by my Daughter.  An origami tie card. Glad to have Her home for a bit.

Hope it was a nice Father's Day for all the Dads out there.  : )

I also want to share another altered project using the packaging from the address labels.  I made some address labels for my Daughter and I thought I would dress up the packaging.

 I took apart the packaging to make it easier to trace and attached the papers to. I used double sided tape.
 I inked the edges using the paints I had in my supplies and a text stamp where any exposed areas that were not covered with paper.
 I used a few sheets from this paper pad by K&Company called "Valentine Sweetheart".  Make sure the papers you use will fold nicely without cracking.  Test your papers out first.
 I traced, cut out, and inked the edges of my papers.
A fun way to re-use something that was going into the recycle bin. Now just add some pre-made address labels and some stationery.
 front of the file.
Here are the labels. There is an address on them but I did some photo shop to deleted it.  The flower and "Noteworthy" is from a new stamp set that a purchased by Hapmton Art called "life defined".  A Danielle Johnson design.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Down by the sea said...

Great Father's Day cards and I love the transformation of the packaging. I can't believe it is the same thing and good to see it has been recycled.
Sarah x

Julie said...

Love the cards you girls made!!! My daughter likes origami also! Neat folding to make the tie!!

That was a great idea to use the box for your pretty set of stationery and labels! Turned out so cutely!!!!!

Anita said...

Lovely garden with lots of goodies growing in there. Very colourful.
Cheers, Anita.