"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Making A Day Planner for 2014

 My 2014 Day Planner is just about finished but I thought of showing you what I have done so far.
 Here are the dividers for each month.

 I used the $1.00 letter stamps that I purchased at Michaels craft store. They worked perfect.
 I made my own taps by using part of the cream cheese container.  Maybe I will buy a die to make tabs but for now this worked perfect.
 Used decorative scissors for the end of the taps.
 I purchased the binder at Target.  It fit 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" sheets of paper. That is cutting the 8-1/2 sheet in half.
 The calendar pages came from a wonderful blog by Rebecca Sower.  The link to the pages, here and to her blog , Here.
  Pages in my book.  It is different from my 2012 Day Planner that I did, here.
 On the back side of each page I titled them so they can be used for more writing space.  I added some stamp images also.

 This is one of the stamp sets that I used.  It is new by Hero Arts called "remember" from their Stamp Your Story stamp set collection.
 The papers that I am using for my day planner are from DCWV's "the four seasons" paper pad.
 What I used for the months and dates.
 The binder has a sleeve so I can make by own title page. I have a few other things I will be including and I will be showing them soon.
 Here is a sweet bouquet of three "Sunset Celebration" roses.  
I hope this may inspire you to make your own day planner.  You still have some time.  There are many ways to make your own.  You can buy already made calendar pages and go from there.  Maybe next year I will have my local Staples center do the binding for me.

Thank you for your visit and have lovely Summer day.

4 comments:

Julie said...

How perfect and gorgeous!!!! Your blue butterflies remind me of the Miami Blue butterflies which are all in a single colony on the beach on Key Largo I believe. My daughter and i got to see them driving down to Key West a few years ago. They are so neat! I just love everything about your planner! I will check into what Staples can do with bindings.....sounds like a good option for me!!!!!
Take care! Julie

Deb said...

I love this day planner its simply elegant in style and design, and your use of the cream cheese package quite inventive. Thanks for listing the product names as well I love the four seasons paper and the stamps.

Wonderful thanks for sharing

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

This is amazing work. As I was reading this I thought of my SIL, she would love something like this, she is super organised. Great to see the packaging being used.

Happy creating.
Bev.

Marlene said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, loving your day planner so very pretty. You could never buy one like yours. Cleaver idea of you to use the cream cheese package to make your tabs.
Super elegant, love it.
xxx
Marlene