"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Garden Update 2013

Hello and I hope everyone is doing well. I want to share more photos on my summer garden.  These are new varieties this year for me. 
 Cucumber flower
 Here is what the cucumber looks like.  It is not ready to pick.  This is called "lemon". It still needs to turn yellow and they can be eaten like an apple too.
 Here is a full grown "cocozelle" squash.  I have a few more that I picked this morning for dinner.
 A busy little bee in one of the squash flowers.
 The raised bed is filling in nicely.  At the lower right had corner is a "lizzano" cherry tomato growing. It has a lot of tomatoes and more flowers also.
 These two photos of the "lizzzano" are growing in containers.  They are not doing as well as the one in the raised bed.  I do not see any more flowers on them.


 Here is what Hubby is waiting for.  The muskmelon/cantaloupe called "Minnesota midget".
 So far they are doing well and we have a lot of them too.  There are mixed reviews about them, so we will see what we get.
 We turn them so each side of the cantaloupes receive some sun and proper ripening.

 Hubby also trimmed the vines.  The instructing are in the seed packets.  These vegetables were started by seed and they came from Botanical Interests.


I'm also working on making another day planner for 2014.  I hope to share this with you soon.


(some Yves Piaget roses for you)

Thank you so much for popping in for a visit. Wishing you a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a great lot of edible plants, I love cucumber a lot but my attention was taken by the melons. Amazing to be able to grow your own. I must tell you that your blog has inspired me to get some more roses for my garden, although I'll probably have to wait until later in the year so that it will be a suitable planting time!

Marlene said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, you have a beautiful garden. Love the cucumbers. It looks like you have great soil. I can't wait to see your new planner. I would so love a vegetable garden but I'm very limited here in South Fla. OMG so hot. Enjoy your harvest time, the best part.
xxx
Marlene

Julie said...

Those are some really cool things you have growing there!!! I hope your beautiful little melons are delicious!!! Can't wait to see your day planner!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

I noticed the cucumbers!!! It will be interesting to see how the new varieties turn out. I bet they will taste beautiful, anything that is home grown always does.

Lovely pink rose too.

Happy gardening.
Bev.

Deb said...

Everything in this garden looks so fresh and lush, your tomatoes look so yummy.