"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, July 29, 2013

Dahlia-Flowered Zinnias

A quick share to show you what I purchased over the weekend.

 These beautifully colored Dahlia-Flowered Zinnias.
 In the vegetable area I had some space in between the tomatoes, cucumber and my last cantaloupe plant (there is one lonely cantaloupe left). I miss having summer annuals  in my garden.




Hubby and I took a trip to to the local nursery center to see what they had.  They have a lot of flowers right now.  Most garden centers here in Southern California are getting their second shipments of summer flowers and vegetables.






 I planted according to the instructions, 2 feet apart.  They look so bare spaced out like this. I hope in a few weeks they will fill out.
I will keep you posted.  Bye for now.    : )

5 comments:

Down by the sea said...

We have managed to get some zinnias to grow this year. Ours look similar to those you have just planted out. It will be interesting to compare mine with yours in a few weeks.
Sarah x

Marlene said...

I always love shopping for flowered plants, they even look prettier when you know they are yours.
Love the happy colors, keep us posted they are going to fill in beautifully.
xxx
Marlene

Julie said...

These are so bright and beautiful, Bobby Lynn! How great you found them! Perfect for the vegie garden! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! I am feeling like a DUNCE right now as I was thinking about needing to do a Cactus Monday post this Monday coming up, and completely did not realize that today was a MONDAY! I am still going to post something. How could I have missed THAT! LOL.

Suzanne Bramble said...

All of those colours look fab together, I'm sure it won't be long before they spread - don't forget to update us when they do XX

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

The butterflies and bees will just love you. You will be picking vases of zinnias before you know it.

Happy gardening.
Bev.