"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Note Card Set and Cantaloupe Update


Here is a note card set that I made as a Thank You gift.  I have also will be including a couple of dish towels to go along as well.  I will be posting them as soon as I iron them.

The paper collections is the "Julianna" by K&Company.  This is an older collection, 2011.  The prints look like quilting fabrics.  This is a set of 4 note cards and I recycled a plastic container that a clear stamp set came in. 


(click onto the photos to see them larger)
 I used kraft card stock as the base. I inked around the edges of the papers, in walnut stain. A Sizzix embossing folder, flower vine & twizzle set. Spellbinders scalloped die.  Around the edge of the light blue paper I added some frosted lace Stickles. The butterfly (blue) is a Martha Stewart punch. I added a bellyband around the cards and envelopes.  I included a few of my miscellaneous die cut shapes to the bellyband and on the container.

Diamond Stickles to the printed images.
 They fit perfect in the plastic box.

With the left over scraps of paper I made a few more cards.  
 Using the same embossing folder.  The gold paper is by the Paper Source store.  Used a gold leaf pen on the edges. The computer was used for the sentiments.  Yes, I'm thing of Thanksgiving and Fall.

I have been using this collection for a few months and have been making cards for Operations Write Home, for Thanksgiving and Fall.  I will be posting them in a month or so.
 The papers in this collection are double sided.





Just to let you know that the Minnesota Midget cantaloupe are doing better and the taste is amazing.  So sweet.  You can see in this photo what I mean about the netting. The prior photos of them had a smother outer skin.  I have more ready to be picked today!


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, these are beautiful cards!!! The Stickles really add a lot of sparkle, which I like!!! Your cantaloupe are gorgeous! They look like they would be so juicy and sweet! I have been buying cantaloupe over the last month and enjoying it so much! We have been making all sorts of smoothies this summer too. Everyone here loves them except little Emily! She is funny!

Down by the sea said...

You note card set is great and I love the butterfly cutter. Your melons look so good too!
sarah x

James Allen said...

oh very beautiful and creative cards, you surely have merged your hobby with great designing skills :)