"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Scrapbook Layouts

Here are just a few of my layouts that I have been doing.  These photos are a couple of years old.  I hope by the end of the year to at least be done with 2011.


(click on to the photos to see them larger)
The background paper is from K&Company's "Julianne" paper pad.  The die cut sentiments are from an older K&Company collection.  I did use my computer for my journaling.
I was looking for map or travel paper of California and had no luck.  I did a Goggle search and found some neat images to use.  I printed them on Georgia-Pacific paper (white).

Background paper from the "Julianne" paper pad.  Very simple layout.  I used my sewing machine to stitch around the paper and also in the center of the paper punched hearts.  The journaling was e-mails from my Daughter to her Papa. It was very sweet and I wanted to us it in a layout.

Opie Layouts
His photos are always fun to do.  The paper collection that I am using is by DCWV called "the pets stack".  I has a lot of vellum sentiments and die shapes.

The center is where I will be journaling.
I used Studio G dollar stamps.  The inks I used were Versa Magic chalk ink in "jumbo java" (for the wording) and Tsukineko's Kaleidacolor raised rainbow dye inkpad in "autumn leaves" for the leaves.

The weather here is Southern California is hot and muggy.  Had some light rain and we may get a few thundershowers by the afternoon.  It is good to let nature do some of the watering.
Have a great day and hope everyone has a nice weekend too.
Blessings!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Great layouts!!! I always think it is odd to have humidity in California!!!! Lol. Thank goodness out tropical storm has basically gone away! Just a little rain expected this weekend now!
Have a good one! Julie

Down by the sea said...

I always love seeing your scrapbooks. Wonderful papers, photos and layouts.
Sarah x