"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Gardening

 Here are some photos of what we are picking in my garden.  Lemon cucumbers, Cocozelle squash and Lizzano cherry tomatoes.
 Photo of the raised bed and the two cucumber plants that I have in it are growing nicely on the fencing.
 Yesterday, Hubby and I pick our first two Minnesota midget cantaloupe.
 The outer skin is very smooth and it was not what I expected.  I did a Goggle search for photos and I did see that they will come out with smooth or netted skins.
How do we know when they are ripe? The melon will start to break away from the stem.

We gave them a try and they smelled sweet but they were not sweet to the taste.  : (

This is just our first of many.
This photo shows you that we have a lot and some have some great skin netting.  I will keep you posted on the others.
Lots of cucumber flowers and fruit.
The taste is nice and crisp. I tried to eat then like an apple (these are ones that you can eat right off the vine like an apple) and did not like it with the skin on.  I like them peeled. These are also a pickler type.
Bell peppers
A bouquet of purple delphiniums, a hydrangea, pink roses of Pink peace and Yves Piaget.

two Yves Piaget roses.
Thank you for your visit and have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, you have such a beautiful and healthy looking garden. I love all those melons coming and the cucumbers, wow. You are inspiring me.
xxx
Marlene

Petra said...

Whauw that looks great what a beautiful cucumbers and melons. Everything looks so good. I wish you a nice sunday with a lot of sunshine. And your flowers I like the colors of them. Greetings Petra.

Julie said...

Oh wow Bobby Lynn.....everything looking gorgeous!!!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Your garden is blossoming. The little fruit are a handy size. They certainly look delicious.
As usual you are the Cucumber Queen.

Happy days.
Bev.

Suzanne Bramble said...

Thanks as always for the look around your garden. I'm intrigued by the lemon cucumbers - how cute are they?! xx

Down by the sea said...

The cucumbers look so unusual. I am amazed how much melons you have still to come. Those roses are beautiful too. I glad you enjoyed the visit to the rose garden on my post.
Sarah x