"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tea Towels, Cards and Container Gardening

 A lot of photos here but I hope you will enjoy them.


 A beautiful shade of purple but I still do not know that name of this beautiful rose.  I have looked on Goggle of images of other similar looking roses to see if I can find what this maybe.  It was one of the roses that I inherited.
 I just love the way the "Sweet Surrender" rose unfolds it beauitful ruffled petals.

 Here are the tea towels that I mentioned on my last post.  The tea pot design is an iron on image by Aunt Martha's called, floral teapots #3898. The flower pot one is one of the images by Crab-apple Hill called, cottage flowerpots #232.  The towel I purchased as a set at Jo-anns.  They measure 28" x 28".


(Click on to the photos to see them larger)

The paper I used to make these cards is called Julianne by K&Company.
                                                                     5" x 7" size card

After I made the note card set I had all my supplies out so I took a few sheets of the 12 x 12 paper from the collection and made a few more cards.

A2 size cards

 I used Spellbinder die shapes and cut did some fussy cutting on the 12 x 12 paper. I included pages of a book and a gold leaf pen.
 The papers have patterns on both sides so you get a lot of paper to play with. I stamp using one of the stamps from the "butterfly garden" collection to make a background on the white paper.


 With the smaller scraps I made some gift tags.  The red card stock is a Cordination paper.
 The circle one opens up.  I cut two circles out and scored the top one so it can open easier.
 Used one of the papers and added some stamping.  The clear stamp set is called "butterfly garden" by Pink Paislee.  This is one of my favorite stamp set. The "have a wonderful day" is from the Penny Black set called Gratitude.
 I'm not sure if I like this one but it was fun to just stamp and see what you can come up with.



 I purchased some new plants for the patio area.
 Here is a pretty red ivy geranium that I planted along with a lysimachia plant "goldi", click here to see what I am aiming for. I hope they will do well together.

 Here is this pretty Bacopa, "abunda giant white".  It is an annual.  I love the tiny bright flowers. The container I purchased for half off.  Not bad for $9.00 and it is ceramic too.

 Here is a calibrachoa plant, click here to see more images.   I have been wanting to buy one of these little girls for a while but no where to put one.  I saw in a container magazine that they used a fitted plant stand and added a liner that you use for hanging baskets to make a container for your plants.  I remember I had a black plant stand.  I had Hubby spray paint it white and I thought I would give it a try.

 I hope I will have a lot of hanging tiny pink flowers.
 A co-work gave Hubby a clipping of a white geranium.
 I re-potting and a gave a major trimming to the Kalanchoe  plant.
 The flowers of my propeller cactus.

A nice day and not as hot either.  A wonderful cool evening for a change.
Now I need some plants here under the breeze way.

Well, hope everyone is doing fine and enjoying their Summer.  I am and we will be into August soon and I am thinking of what to plant for this Fall.  At the end of this month I can start to sow carrots.  I may just do that.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Such a beautiful post, your roses are blooming so well and the container plants certainly look very healthy. It is great to get some bargains too.

Enjoy your garden.
Bev.

Julie said...

i just adore that top rose! what an awesome color! your tea towels are great. did they come with the floral fabric borders? that really accents the embroidery so prettily! love your new plants! Everyone starting to talk about their fall gardens! i can't believe how fast time flies these days!
xoxo- julie