"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Garden Journal Pages and Cards

 I found some time to do more pages for my garden journal.  I had the journaling done I but needed to print out the photos.  I was on low on the ink so I printed the photos smaller 2" x 3" and 2" x 2".
 I used some book pages and I dug through my scrap box for decorative papers.  When I was glueing the photos down on to the book pages, I thought it would be neat use an old book for a garden journal. I did read the book "Wives and Daughter" and it was a good book.


 The blue tape I found at Target.  It is 3M's washi tape.  I wanted to incorporate the seed packets.  Using the tape on one side I can refer to the information that was inside of the seed packet.


 The tape came in handy for the flower labels too.


 I used my Hero Arts Hydrangea stamp.  It is a large stamp but I used only a small portion of it for this label.
 I like the way photos came out using layering of papers, especially the book pages.


 While I was updating my garden journal book, I also did some "reminders" in my 2014 day planner.
 I used one of the photos to make a card.
 I have in my scrap box some left over papers by K & Company.  An old collection by Brenda Walton called "Air world Drive".  A great collection of papers and die cuts.  I cut the papers into strips and used a glue stick to adhere them onto a piece of card stock (a bit smaller then the card base). I adhered the strip piece to the card base.

 A zig zag stitch around the card and as you can see I was a little uneven.  I will used a die shape or paper punch to cover that up.
 The sentiment is a die cut from the same Brenda Walton collection.
 The "always" and heart stamps come from the new Heros Arts set called "Remember".  It is part of their "stamp your story" collection.
Looking through my ephemera collection.

 There were a couple of paper collections that I really liked and I used my dies and punches to use up every bid of the paper.  I put them in my box for future projects.
Another future project card using left over scraps of paper and ephemera from different collections.

Now I need to clean up, regroup and  finish my Fall cards for Operation Write Home.  I'm giving myself a week.

 Thanks for your visit and by for now.

5 comments:

Suzanne Bramble said...

Your garden journal is sooo lovely, what a great thing to look back through during the winter months. XX

Julie said...

Everythng looks so perfect and beautiful!!! Love zig zagging on paper or fabric, and LOVE washi tape too! It is amazing.

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

What a fantastic idea to put in the labels and seed packets. Great to refer back too.
You are a wonderful gardener to collate the garden history through the book, it will be interesting to read in the years ahead.

happy days.
Bev.

Marlene said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn,
Love your garden journal, you have some great ideas to use the flower labels and seed packets. They look beautiful in the journal. I so have to try it. I love that you used craft paper. Thanks for the inspiration.
Blessings,
Marlene

Deb said...

Fabulous job on the Garden Journal, and the cards are lovely to, you are very talented.