"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

K&Company "Julianne" Paper Pad - Cards

Thank you ladies for leaving wonderful comments on my garden journal pages. I hope to have more soon to post.



Fall is just around the conner now and I have been working on these cards for a few months. Now it was time to finish them up. There are two sizes of cards here: A7 Size cards (5 x 7") and A2 (4-1/4 x 5-1/2). The A2 size will be mailed to the Coordinator for Operations Write Home.  


The paper pad that I used for these cards are called "Julianne" by K &  Company. It is a new collection maybe three years old.

                                                                  A7 size card

A birthday card using Spellbinder oval dies. The sentiments a Penny Black clear set called "gratitude".  A very nice set with great fonts and sentiments. The hummingbird and dragon fly is a Hero Arts clear set called "Antique Engraving". The floral spray is part of the Hero Arts "with sympathy" clear set.


 inside of the card sentiment is a TPC cling birthday set.
 Here is one of the pattern papers from the pad.  Cutting it into smaller sizes for the A2 cards you get some different  looks to your cards.
A2 size

 The "autumn blessings" is from the "autumn harvest" clear stamp set by TPC Studio.  I have used this set to death.  I need to look for a new stamp set for Thanksgiving.
 Using the same pattern paper to make larger card A7.  I used some lace from my stash and a Spellbinders dragonfly,  Donna Salazar set called "fanciful flight". I used the "autumn harvest" stamp on the dragonfly and edged it using a gold leaf pen.  On most of the cards I used the gold leaf pen on the edges of the papers.
A7 size

 Same pattern but in a brown tone. Computer typed sentiments. I used an embossing folders on some of the pattern papers to add more texture (see the green paper).  I did some layering of papers from the collection plus a pretty gold paper  from the Paper Source store, click here to see.   It is a nice light weight for layering.


A7 Size

 The die cut "blessed" is a Papertrey Ink die. The die cut butterfly is part of the "fanciful flight" die set.  A lace die by My Favorite Things called "dainty lace die-namics border". Embossing folder on the brown strip of paper.


A2 size

 Computer typed sentiment. Used another embossing folder and a Spellbinder label die.
 Another pattern from the collection.  Front
 The back of it.
A2 and A7 size cards

 The floral spray is a Memory Box die called "honeyblossom sprig".  The colored in butterflies are stickers.
                                                            A7 and A2 size cards
A2 size

The Thanksgiving stamp is part of the TPC clear set "autumn harvest".

5 x 7"

 I used my computer a lot to make my Thanksgiving sentiments.  Using the "butterfly garden" stamp set, I took one of the floral images and just used a small portion of it.  Versafine ink "crimson red".
                                                                             A2 size
                                                                           A2 size
 I used scraps of papers to make these roses.  The tutorial is found on a wonderful blog by Joanna Krog blogspot.  Here is her tutorial on how to make them.  She makes all her flowers and they are gorgeous.
A7
A2

I did several of these and with the left over scraps I cut out some of the flowers to do the card below.
5 x 7

I did some heat embossing in white.  A acetate butterfly.

                                                                         A2 size

I did a few sympathy cards.  I'm also trying to use up those die images that I purchased a long time ago.
                                                                         A7 Size

 The sympathy clear set is a Hero Arts.




A7 Size
The floral stamp is from the "butterfly garden" clear set by Pink paislee.   This is my favorite stamp set. The images in this set are beautiful and they stamp great.




                                                                              A7 size



A2 size
 A blank note card.  Always great for those times when you need to send out a quick note.


A7

Using some other patterned paper from my scrap box.


 To get the blotches on the book page I just pressed the book page randomly right onto the  Distress ink pads. They kind of look like watercolor flowers.

It would of made a pretty tag also.  
Now the hard part.  The clean up.  I had so much stuff on the floor too.
I hope you like the cards.  I would have made more but I ran out of my favorite adhesive. I think that may be time to start on a project that I have tucked away for a long while.

 A small quilt project.

I have had the triangles cut out since 1998, YIKES! So now it is time to see if I can get this completed.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Wishing you a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Julie said...

First of all, let me say good luck on finishing your quilting project! Would love to see it once you have completed it! Those paper roses are exquisite! Love them! All of your cards turned out just gorgeous!
xoxo- Julie

Marlene said...

I so wish I could quilt. I love fall too, your cards are so beautiful. I'm loving this paper collections too. Gorgeous.
Blessing,
Marlene