"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A New Mini Yellow Rose (Apollo 2008) Parade

  I think most of us have seen in a few of our local Supermarkets potted plants.  Last week at my local Trader Joe's I saw this little beauty and had to have her.  

 I have purchased a few of these mini roses from them and a couple have done pretty good and a few have not done not so well.  This is what I can tell you from my experience with these Supermarket roses.  First, enjoy them in the container for a couple of days.

You will need re-pot them in some good/well drain soil.  The container should not be too large.  A little bit larger then the one it came in.

I noticed when I transplant this rose plant, the roots were tiny and thin.  I have this one in my patio area where it can get filtered sun for now.  Once the plant is established I will move it out with the others so it can get direct morning sun.

Durning the cooler months I will move it into the garden shed.  I have noticed on my other supermarket roses they do get the white powder on them. I will need to keep watch on this one more so.
 The rose plant did come with a label with about 13 other names on it.  So I did search (looking up the names on the tag) and I think I found it.  She is called Apollo 2008 Poulpar065(N) - Parade rose.  I found a website that has a list of other varieties.  I did not realize how many different kinds are out there.  Here is the website, Poulsen Roser.
I had a container already and it is perfect.  It is a beautiful double mini rose.  I hope it will do well and I think I may be adding a few more but I will wait for next Spring.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

3 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Enjoy your new rose, she certainly has lovely formed blooms with lots of petals. One of the ladies in my crochet group was saying yesterday she took the plunge and planted out a rose that had been in a pot for 18 years. Can you believe that, the poor rose must have felt so free as I am sure it should have been in the ground the whole time.
Happy gardening.
Bev.

Deb said...

The mini rose is stunning, I have seen them in the local supermarket here and I have been tempted to buy one. Yellow roses are my favorite of all. Thank you for sharing

Julie said...

I have a question for you. Should I cut back my roses more often than just once a year. I always cut them back severely in winter, but mine have grown so long and spindle-y, I can't stand what they look like....I want them to be bushier. Any advice??? Thanks!!!