"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Project Share and Getting Ready For Fall




(Click onto the photos to see them larger)

 A pillow that I made for my Daughter.  I have had the fabric for awhile (they still have the fabric at Jo-anns).   I purchased a 14" x 14" pillow form. This is an envelope type pillow.  I made the ruffle and added the ball trim after.  Ball trim and pillow form purchased from Jo-anns.  They have been having some good sales and coupons lately.  On the front of the pillow I did do some stippling.  I wanted to give the pillow some texture and I think it will give it some extra strength.
 
 My Daughter's birthday card.  The papers and most of the embellishments came from K&Company's Olivia Rose collection.
 Inside of the card.  I used a couple of different stamp sets for the sentiments.
 The last of the floral fabric.  I did a larger circle table topper.  I made the ruffle and used one of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine.  The variegated thread I already had in my sewing box.

I need to use my decorative stitches more.
 I found this nice fabric at Jo-anns that had a crackle look to it.  The color matched one of the flowers in the printed fabric.

 I started to put out some of my fall decorations.  Several years ago I made a few fabric pumpkins.  I added a few of my dried roses and fake leaves.

 I need to look for the pattern.  I would like to make a few more.

 This pumpkin I did not make.  I purchased this one a long time ago.
 I do not decorate for Halloween but several years ago I saw this paper mache guy and I just had to bring him home.

 It has been so hot here.  Opie enjoys his naps in a cooler part of the house.
 I hope by next week we will see some cooler temps.
Hope you are doing well.  Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Down by the sea said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn,
I love the colours of your new header. Your daughters pillow and card are so lovely too. Your fabric pumpkins are great.
Sarah x

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Danielle is so lucky to have you as her Mum, such beautiful cards and gifts she must have now. Glad to see Opie making an appearance on your blog.Love the addition of the stitches that we don't use very much on your projects.

Happy sewing.
Bev.

Marlene said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, I love fall too is my fav. Your are so in the spirit. Loving all your sewing project. Your doughter I'm sure loved the pillow and the card is so gorgeous, love the little banner.
xxx
Marlene

Deb said...

Oh I love your pillow I have the same fabric I think I may use it for a neck roll pillow, the fabric pumpkins and roses are lovely, I use the pattern from this site here for fabric pumpkins if it is helpful to you
http://pinksuedeshoe.com/2010/10/01/fall-pumpkins-tutorial/