"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, October 4, 2013

A Photo Card - Zinnia's


I took a break from quilting to do a card using one of my photos. I like the way it came out.

I used a wood stamp by A Muse called "marigold". The inks: Green "bamboo leaves" by Memento and two new colors in my collection are "Pale Tomato"(red) and "butter bar" (yellow), Hero Arts shadow Inks.  The leaf and sentiment stamp are part of the "meadow greens" clear stamp set by Papertrey Ink.


The first few days of October have been just beautiful.  We are having cool mornings with a nice afternoon warm up.  We are expected to get some "Santa Ana" winds. This may be a problem for my zinnias and of course the areas along the hills.  We have a lot of dry brush this time of year.

The zinnias are still doing a beautiful job. My garden has never looked so good.

Thank you for those who have left me comments on my blog.  All of you are so sweet and I'm alway happy to share my garden.  Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
Blessings!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Your card did turn out very beautiful! The stamped flowers are a great compliment to the photo!!!

Deb said...

Beautiful card, I love how all the elements you used brings out the photo of the flowers.

Down by the sea said...

Your card looks so special featuring your lovely flowers. My zinnias have been wonderful too over the last few weeks.
Sarah x

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Your imagination just shines through in your card making. Adding your own photo is wonderful. Love the sentiments on the front also.

Happy days in your garden.
Bev.

Suzanne Bramble said...

The card is really lovely, what a great idea to add a photograph of your own flowers. XX