"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Finished Wall Quilt

14 years in the making but I'm happy to say it is finished.

 This is a Plumples pattern called "vintage vignettes".  This was the very first quilt pattern I purchased and was very eager to do back then.  But I only go as far as doing the embroidering and cutting out the triangles for the pinwheel blocks.  Not a good quilt pattern for first time quilters.

 My Daughter did a few of the red work embroidery.


 First time doing a prairie point binding.
   I have seen some good ideas on how to display wall quilts on Pinterest. Using a curtain rod seems like a good idea. I may go that route.
The crazy patch heart pillows I did several years ago.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes for me and Mr. Waston.  So far so good for both of us    :  )

At the moment, enjoy the 80 degree weather, watching football and some craft projects,  I will be sharing on my next post.  Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Julie said...

OMG, this is absolutely beautiful! I love that your daughter has her stitching in there too! What a great match to your really pretty sweet, sweet heart pillows! Love that patchwork!!!
Glad you are feeling better!!!

Deb said...

The quilt turned out absolutely beautiful, your color choices and fabric give it such a vintage look. And having your daughter included in the making gives it heirloom quality and the pillows are such a perfect match. I agree not a good first time quilt for a beginner, my first time choice was Dresden Plate pattern as a beginner I didn't realize I needed a 1/4" for stitching I just cut each petal from the template, I never did put it together but now with fusible web I can. Thank you for sharing

Down by the sea said...

Congratulations in finishing your quilt, it looks so lovely. You must have so gathered so many memories as you were working on it over the years.
Sarah x

Marlene Plasencia said...

Oh wow, your quilt turned out so gorgeous. The pillows are so cute and the perfect match. You must be so happy that you finished it and it's so beautiful.
Sending blessing,
Marlene