"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, January 6, 2014

A Happy Belated New Years

 I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

 

Very minimal decorating this year.  I have been under the weather but feeling much better. The only areas of the house that I got to decorate was the tiny tree and my kitchen shelf.  

                                                  (Click on to the photos to see them larger)


My Christmas card for my Daughter.

I did some stamping on the inside of the card.

Hubby's card.


The paper is from DCWV's paper pad called "four seasons".  The stamp images, sentiments and die cut tree and mittens are by Papertrey Ink.

My Daughter was able to come home for her Christmas break and she brought along her little kitty boy, Watson.  Opie and him got along pretty good.
My darling boy Opie.  I found this cute hat at Target.  We also found one for the cat.

"Do you feel silly Waston?" "Yes, Opie I do."

"Can we take this off now?"
"this is so humiliating."

But Kitty Boy did get very sick and was taken to Emergency.  He had a urinary blockage but thank goodness it was caught in time. I hear this is very common for male cats.  I hope this was just a one time deal.  Now he is back home recovering.

Being under the weather and unable to do much.  I did read get to read a good book and finally got to see Downton Abby Seasons 1 and 2.  I have been wanting to watch Downton Abby right from the beginning but I'm just one of those people who like watch any TV series on my own time.  Season 3 is on it's way.


This weekend the Christmas decorations came down and a few Valentin's decorations were put up. I did finish my wall quilt just before Thanksgiving.  I will try to post a photo of that sometime this week. I just need to make a rod pocket and a label for it.

The weather here in Southern California has been just beautiful.  
Thank you for popping in for a visit and wishing you a wonderful day.
Blessings!


5 comments:

Petra said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn, wonderful pictures your card is lovely, I like the colors. I will wish you a very Happy New Year and a lot of creative things for 2014. Greetings Petra

Julie said...

Happy New Year! those hats on the pets are too cute! Your daughters cat is very beautiful...or should i say handsome??? gorgeous gray color!!!
glad you are feeling better, and can't wait to see your wall quilt!

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, I pray that you are doing better by now. Loving your daughters cat so cute. The cards you made are so beautiful.
Sending blessings,
Marlene

Down by the sea said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn,
Happy New Year, hope you are now feeling much better. Those are wonderful picture of Opie and Waston. They do look as if they both feel the same! Poor Kitty Boy, that must have been an anxious time for you.
Sarah x

Deb said...

So glad you are feeling better, and the cat is recovering, those hats are so cute and the captions captured the look on their faces perfectly. Your cards are lovely and Love the Tea Set on the kitchen shelf too.
My son just gifted me the Downton Abbey series noting since I like all that tea and lacy dress stuff. Since I don't watch TV dvd's are the only way to view anything, I think I may like it.