"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Quiet Garden

 Not much going on in the garden.  It looks so bare out there.   The roses are not getting much rest this year, they are starting to produce their leaves.  It seems like fall has never left Southern California.  I will add some compost and rose food.

 The patches of green in the photo are . . .
 clusters of "paludosum daisies".  I purchased some back in 2012 and when the flowers stated to seed, I just sprinkled them around the rose area.  Glad a few took.
 I scattered some larkspur seeds also.


 The roses look very healthy but I will need to be on aphid watch.

A flowering Echeveria. Love the pretty yellow-orange flowers.
We may get some rain (nothing measurable), but we will take whatever we can get.

I am almost finished with another altered box for Valentine's and a heart chipboard.  I hope to share with you soon.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Down by the sea said...

My garden looks extremely dull too.
It is lovely to see your spots of colour, we couldn't get those flowers to bloom until at least June here! Sarah x

Marlene Plasencia said...

Oh my I love your flowering Echeveria, it looks beautiful in that white pot. Your Roses looks so lushes coming in, you're going to get beautiful blooms this year again. I love how there is always something happening in the garden. We are so blessed for our weather.
xxx
Marlene

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Oh I am in love with your header photo. Which rose is this. Your garden is looking so healthy. Hope those aphids stay away. I realised we didn't have any last Spring, must have been how the rain fell during Winter.

Happy gardening.
Bev.

Julie said...

Love your flowering Echeveria!!! Very beautiful!