"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Valentine Projects


(Click onto the photos to see them larger)


 I finished a few cards and covered a paper mache box.  I have had this box for a while and I'm so happy to have done something with it.
 I used K& Company paper pad called "Valentine sweetheart" 12 x 12 size sheets. I purchased it a while ago, in 2011.  I will be using it a lot.  I love the colors and patterns in the pad.  I added some Stickles and heart rhinestones.
 The paper pad came with 2 sheets of pretty
die cuts.
 I painted some wooden beads for the feet.
The decorative papers I used to make these cards came from two different paper pads. K& Company "Valentine Sweetheart and DCWV "four seasons".

I love using my embossing folders. I need to used them more often.
with the left over papers I made some flowers.

A banner I made a few years ago,  using DCWV paper pad called "be mine". Made most of the embellishments on the banner except the "love"sentiment.

Pink cactus flowers.
Another paper mache box that I altered a few years ago.


I used one of the small Spellbinder heart dies to make note cards that fit perfect in the box.

I wanted to also share with you an mini oil painting that my Husband did of Leo Carrillo State beach.

Thank you for your sweet comments on my wall quilt and well wishes.  I'm feeling much better but I did have an unexpected root canal done last week.  Gosh, I hope that is it for me.

In the garden, Trimmed the remaining roses bushes. I have two container roses that need to be repotted. All the roses have new growth due to the sunny weather we are having.  Not having any rain, so far, it will have a change in my summer/fall garden this year.  Very small and selective.

Thank you for your visit and wishing you a wonderful day. Blessings!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Your cards, boxes, and banner are all so beautiful! it seems like things will be very romantic around there!!!!! ;)

Down by the sea said...

I love your husbands oil painting. He is very talented just like you. That is a good idea putting beads on the bottom of the box.
Sarah x

Marlene Plasencia said...

I 'm sure your garden will be gorgeous aging this year. Your hubby is so talented, mine is not artistic at all but he cooks, lol. Love your cards, they are beautiful and the little boxes are so sweet. Love the little feet on the square one. Thanks for watching my vids. If you post vids please send me a pm via UT, I want to make sure I don't miss any. Feel all better.
Sending blessing,
Marlene

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

You are good at arts and crafts. Well done.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Deb said...

I love how the Valentine Box turned out, the cards are lovely, your husbands oil painting is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.