"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentin's Day 2014

(click on to the photos to see them larger)


A card I made for my Husband.  I used DCWV's paper pad called Regent Street.  The layout idea came from My Favorite Things, sketch number#158



An altered chipboard heart.  The papers I used for my projects were K&Company paper pad called Valentine Sweetheart.  I fussy cut the roses.  Added Stickles for some shimmer.
 The paper pad came with two sheet of vintage images.
 I'm not sure if I want to add a hanger to it.  Right now it is on my mantel.
 My favorite chocolates.
 Tags that I made a few years ago.

 I altered another box for myself.  The other small box that I last posted was sent to my Daughter filled with chocolates.
 Inside the box.

 I added wooden beads for the feet.
 With the left over scraps, I altering some clothes pens. I really like the way they came out.  I used Mode Podge.

 Package in a glassine bag for a gift.
A few more cards.

 Trying out my new die from Sizzix.


 I added paper to the back of the card for more room to write.
 I added Glossy Accents to the hearts to give an epoxy look.  Once that dried I added some sliver Stickles.
 Here is what the die looks like.  It is a framelits die. This is a Stephanie Barnard design, triple circle flip-its.  Here is the Youtube on it.  There are a few more different designs.




  This will be one fun die to work with.
 For the sentiment I used a sticker.  Yes, I do use stickers still.  They are perfect when you can not find the perfect stamp and/or size of the sentiment for your projects.
I gathered up my leftover scraps and used my dies and punches to make some embellishments for next years projects.  I really liked working with this paper pad.

 Looking at the cutout dies, I'm already thinking of my next years projects.



Thank you for visit and have a fun and sweet and wonderful Valentine's Day.
Blessings!

P.S.  A few of my roses have buds on them.  The did not sleep much this winter.

3 comments:

Julie said...

love your cards and valentine box! my roses have started a big burst of blooming activity! fun to look out the kitchen window right now! Fertilized this morning. Weather here is perfect! have a nice V-Day!

Down by the sea said...

I love those vintage inspired cards and your lovely box. That is also a lovely thing to do with the pegs. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's day. Sarah x

Marlene Plasencia said...

You have really been having fun. Love all these projects. Your cards are so sweet and the little box is adorable.
xxx
Marlene