"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, February 22, 2014

One Year Old Birthday Card and Larkspurs

A card I made for a our neighbors little girl who will be one year's old soon.
 The card size is 5 x 7 using butterfly and flower paper punches and Spellbinder oval dies.
 I colored in the image using colored pencils. The wood block stamps is an old stamp by Imaginations.  I stamp the image on cream colored paper (110 pound weigh), cut bunny out and mounted it  using foam dots.  I did not like the way my coloring of the flowers were turning out, so I used my tiny flower punch.  I added some tiny pearls for the centers and some small buttons on the legs of the bunny.  The stickers I had in my stash and I fussy cut the cake and the hat. I think it came out pretty cute.  Maybe the next time I used this stamp maybe the bunny could be holding some hearts or Easter eggs?

 I'm also working on a few more tea towel for gifts.

In the garden?
 More of the larkspurs are blooming.
 So far the only two colors are pale pink and this beautiful royal purple.
 I cut some of the flowers for more flower pressing.
 I use telephone books.
 These were pressed a couple of years ago. I have a project in mind and I hope I will be able to get to it.

 For now they are in a jar for safe keeping.

What reminded me of them was an article in my latest  issue of Victoria magazine were it talked about Herbaria meaning "dry gardens"


The garden is filling out a bit more.





 So far, I like the way the larkspurs look between the roses.  If this goes well, I would like to sow more seeds this fall.


 I decided I wanted some Spring in my home and brought in one of my plant stands filled with pansies.

 It is in my kitchen next to the large window.  I think they like it there.

Friday was a crafting day with my good friend Ms. "L".  It was a very productive day of card making and I will be posting those cards in a couple of weeks.  Also, when I got home Hubby told me the garden center called and said my rose order came in.  Yes!

 I ordered two more border roses. Another "Carefree Spirit", a red rose.  I wanted another "pillow fight", a white rose, but that was not in their catalogue this year, so I ordered other white rose called "Meidiland".

 For this weekend and week, it will be putting in some roses and some light gardening.
Thank you for your visit and hope to be back soon with more cards and garden photos.

Blessings to you and have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

What a gorgeous post, amazing colours in the Larkspurs. Love the older pressed flowers, I can imagine you will do something wonderful with those. Have fun planting the new roses, that is the sort of phone call that makes you happy.
Happy Birthday to your little neighbour, she has received such a pretty card.

Happy days.
Bev.

Julie said...

beautiful card for a 1 year old keepsake! so sweet! love all your flowers and filled in garden. keep up the good work! this is simply the best time of year!
xoxo-Julie