"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Baby Shower "Dresser" Card



 One of my Daughter's best friends (a wonderful couple) is having their first baby and I wanted to make a different kind of card.

 I found this adorable idea on Pinterest click here

This is my dresser card.


 To make the dresser legs, I used a decorative square die. 

I used double sided paper by Authentique called "promise". Buttons and half-back pearls for the knobs. The baby stickers are by American Crafts.

(click onto the photos to see them larger)

side view


 inside the card I will add a label where the sentiment will go. Papertrey Ink Edgeres die #2.


A glassine bag for the envelope. Stamped the bear using white pigment ink, white embossing powder and a heat gun.  I was glad the heat gun did not scorch the bag.   Also, some paper punched butterflies.


 Chipboard gift tag

Sentiment on the tag -  my good friend "Ms. L" let me use one of her stamps sets.   Papertrey Ink set called "hanging out".



 The pretty labels on the tag and cards is a Sizzix BigZ die, a Brenda Walton, gift tags.  

 The "thank you" stamp is part of the set by Penny Black called Gratitude.  Little roses I stamped on the labels using Papertrey Ink set  called The Sweet Life.  Flower die and butterfly paper punch.

The weather here is just gorgeous and looks like it will stay that way for several days.
Thanks you for your visit and have a wonderful day.




3 comments:

Down by the sea said...

I love your dresser card it is so different to anything I have seen.
Sarah x

Julie said...

This card is gorgeous! The new momma will love it!!!! We are having perfect weather here too! I can't believe it is already time to set the clocks back on Sunday!!!!!

Marlene Plasencia said...

This is so darn cute, I'm in love. It sure is different, I've never seen a dresser card, love it in pink.
Blessing,
Marlene