"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bouquet Larkspurs "singing the blues"


These were one of the flowers to bloom in my garden.






I sowed them last fall, around September.
I used peat post or the jiffy starter pods (those are wonderful for tiny seeds).


The seeds are from Renee's Garden called
Bouquet Larkspurs "singing the blues"


They are beautiful shade of purples.


They look beautiful as a bouquet on their own or as fillers in my rose bouquets.

I need to start to remember to think about growing other flowers that go well with my roses.

I will start more larkspurs in September-October.


Also, Botanical Interest has their own version called "shades of blue"


I do deadheading to encourage more flowering.


 They look pretty on my dinning table.
I have something pretty to look at while I'm eating.  : )


I hope you will give them a try.  Here is a post that I did back on April 27, 2013, click here, to see a few other varieties that I grew in my garden.

Todays weather, very grey out. Cool for the rest of the week.

Thank you for your visit and have a wonderful day.


3 comments:

Julie said...

These are so pretty! Love the shades of purple, but also the whites and pinks from your earlier post! i am so surprised at how well snapdragons are doing here, i may have to try Larkspurs!!!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Nature is just so perfect isn't it. Looking at how the purple is tinged on the edge is just so pretty and delicate. Enjoy your flowers inside.

happy days.
Bev.

Marlene Plasencia said...

What treat Bobbie Lynn to grow Larkspurs, they are the perfect shade of purple. I love how you've arranged them to enjoy indoor.
xxx
Marlene