"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 1 Of My Summer Garden


This morning Hubby and I took a trip to our local garden center and we picked up and planted three varieties of  tomato plants - "celebrity" a determinate, "Juliet Grape" an indeterminate and a "San Marzano" also an indeterminate.
one "Emerald City" zucchini
sowed "Marketmore" and "Lemon" cucumbers
dabbled the area with marigolds here and there.




"He who plants a garden plants HAPPINESS"
Chinese proverb

5 comments:

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, it looks beautiful out in your neck of the woods. I love going the buy plants too and you went with your hubby that's double fun. My poor hubby put straight up coffee grounds into my one and only tomato plant and burnt it. I was able to remove most of it but still. I hope I can save the ones that are out on the vine already, they look so pretty. He felt so bad, he said he read about it. I've used coffee grounds but I always use a bit and mixed in my soil prep but never straight up. I felt bad for him.
Blessing,
Marlene

Freda said...

Your title 'Day 1 of my Summer Garden' has inspired me to get out into the squelchy soil and do something!

Deb said...

You are off to a great start and everything already looks inspiring, I started my garden with some tomato and pepper plants I bought to get a head start for once. The seeds I started still have a way to grow but with luck and the planets aligned perhaps I'll have a better yield tis year.
Happy Gardening to you

Suzanne Bramble said...

Isn't it fun to have a bare plot to fill, and think how it's going to look in a few weeks time...XX

Down by the sea said...

How exciting to fill the plot with new plants. Those varieties look so interesting. I will enjoy seeing them grow too. Sarah x