"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, March 28, 2014

Graduation Cards and Baking

(click onto the photo to see more detail)

The graduation cards were made a month ago


I know a couple of Middle Schoolers that will be graduating so I needed to get on the ball and make them a card.

It was a bit of a challenge for me.  I own one graduation related item, a stamp that I purchased a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was not able to use it.  I could not come up with a layout using it.

I did find in my paper stash a 12 x 12 sheet of beautiful paper by Anna Griffin.

It's double sided.  What caught my eye was when I purchased it, was the black stripes along with the pink flowers. I used both sided of the papers to make the Graduation card.  I also used  black and a perfect shade of pink solid card stock also. 

The cap die cut I did purchased  and I  borrowed a few stamps from Ms. "L", the star (a star die with matching stamps) and the great sentiment "girly your rock".  They both came from Papertrey Ink. The banner is a die set that I also borrowed  from Ms. "L" I beleive it is the "fishtail flags stax die-namics die set from My Favorite Things.  The circle dies are Spellbinder dies. Used a gold leaf pen around the edges.

With the left over paper I made a few more cards.

I love the way they came out.


Here is what the cap look like before I added the start on the first graduation card.

For the second card I used a few stamp from this set by Pinkpaislee called "soiree"

The white was just to plain so I wanted a pattern behind the cap.





I did go out to purchased the double sided graduation 12 x 12 paper, by Best Creation Inc. The "congratulations" sentiment came from the clear set by Penny Black set, "gratitdue". I added some stamping to the top corners of the card also.


We did have a little rain.  Northern part of the state is receiving a lot more.  Which is good. Our Famers need it. A perfect day for some baking and playing with a few of my stamps. 


Here is one of them.  A quick photo using my iphone.  It was fun mixing up different stamps and stamp sets.  I need to get back to making cards by just using stamps.  That is why I got into the hobby a long time ago.  I will show you a few more that I made on a later post.


I found a great recipe a while back from Libby's "pumpkin-cranberry" bread, click here to see the recipe.
 I did add one thing extra, walnuts.  The recipe calls out for orange juice or water. I uses  water and the bead came out great.  

Regarding the larkspurs, I forgot to mention, if you do decided to start them by seed. Your going to need some patience.  The germination will take up to 21 days.  I have had some that took 30 days. I think the starter containers that come with the lids are perfect for them (their own little greenhouse).

Thank you for visiting me today.  Wishing you a wonderful day.
Blessings!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful graduation card! Your bread looks delicious!

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, loving your cards and that stamp set. Cranberry anything sound good. The breads look deli-sh. Just finished the little something that I want to mail to you, will mail Mon.
Blessing,
Marlene

Deb said...

I love the graduation card, and the breads look yummy, I may give the recipe a try.