"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Henry Fonda and Tuscan Sun Roses

  Henry Fonda rose bush(Hybrid tea - Jackson  Perkins)  has been in my garden since early 2000.  It was given to us by one of our neighbors.

 The color on the tag (i try to keep them) reads vivid yellow blooms.  The color best I can come up with myself would be, golden rod. A light sweet sent.  Petal count 20-25. I have counted them myself.

 Click onto the photo to get a closer look



And above you can see His neighbor, Tuscan Sun.

Tuscan Sun rose bush (floribunda - Jackson & Perkins), I planted in my garden 2009.  

 It can be planted in a large container.  The growth is 3 to 4 feet in high and 2-1/2 to 3 feet wide. A nice compact bush that produces a lot of roses.  The colors of the roses vary from orange, burnt umber to apricot.

 On my last post, I had one in a vase with a few larkspurs. 

 Petal count 25
So far so good in the garden.  I hope my garden continues to do well this year.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog.  Have a great day!


"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments."

1 comment:

Bella said...

Bobbie Lynn,
Oh how lucky you are, Roses in March, I am a little jealous! Gorgeous!
I was also admiring sweet Opie on the sidebar, so handsome, and a darling name too:-)
Hugs,
Bella