"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Paper Mache Easter Eggs


Here are my altered paper mache eggs.

This is what I have been working on for the past few weeks.



On a few, I used some of my pressed flowers. A neat way to remember my garden.

I tried one out using some book pages, butterfly paper punch and cut apart some flower trim.  


 I used to hold the eggs while painting and drying, a floral styrofoam block.

 two coast of Golden artist gesso

For the pressed flower ones, I painted them after the gesso, using Martha Stewart acrylic craft paint in summer linen.

Traci Bautista collage pauge  (Aleene's product)  was used to adhere the flowers. Once dried I added another layer of collage pauge and sprinkled some clear glitter.


The inspiration came from this magazine that purchased back in 2013. In the magazine they used styrofoam eggs.  I think I will give that a try too.


I did do a Goggle search on Easter eggs and saw so many beautifully decorate eggs.  It is endless on what you can do with them.


 The next round of eggs I tried handmade papers.  I tore them into 1-1/2 pieces and ink the edges with my gold leaf pen.  I was not too happy with the way they came out. The paint on one of the papers ran and also the papers were a bit too stiff to work with.  I did use an embossing tool with a ball end to break the fiber in the papers. It did help a little.

 Once they dried, the look was not what I had hoped they would look like.  I was going to toss them into the trash. Before I did that, I decided to add a little more collage pauge and glittered the heck out of them.


Glitter makes everything look better.


This one I tried a different glitter, tinsel.

 I added some ribbon, a flower and a paper banner.


I got to used what I had in my supply stash to embellish. 


Then I tried some pretty napkins too. 


So much easy to apply to the egg.




On a couple of them I used Folk Art acrylic paint in light blue (added some white paint to soften the color).


I did purchase one larger egg to do too.  These paper mache eggs came from Jo-anns craft store.  The smaller ones came in a pack of six.  The larger eggs they sold individually.

To apply the collage pauge and acrylic paint, I used nylon brushes.  I waste too much of both using the craft sponges.  I found a nice three pack of brushes at Jo-anns.  Loew Cornell brand for all media.  The set comes with a shader #4, angular shader #5 and flat/glaze 3/4". Perfect for a stater like me.  I will be added a few more brushes to my crafting tote.








It was a lot of fun trying something new 
I hope to do more in the near future. 
Now I have a few more Spring/Easter decorations to add to my home this year.

Thank you for taking the time to visit.
Wishing you a beautiful day.



Also, I want to share this beautiful sunrise photo with you.  This was taken last Sunday. 
  As Hubby and I were driving to church the skies  changed again (about an hour later). The sun was so bright as if Heaven opened up.

It was one spectacular sunrise.



Blessings!

4 comments:

Down by the sea said...

Your Easter eggs are so lovely and special. The sunrise pictures are fantastic. Sarah x

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

These are so lovely, I can't choose a favourite. A great idea to use the flowers from your garden too. Your sunrise photo's are fantastic, we have had lovely sunsets lately.I have been reading your blog in the past couple of weeks, amazing things your produce. Hopefully I will get back into blogging on a regular basis.

Happy creating Bobbie.
Bev.

Suzanne Bramble said...

Those eggs are so pretty and as for the sunrise photographs - stunning! xXx

Deb said...

The eggs are spectacular, and glitter does hide a multitude of ooops, but even the oops eggs turned out to be lovely pieces of art in fact you have inspired me to try my hand at something similar. The sunrise photos are beautiful.