"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Plum/lavender Rose Bush


Here is my other rose bush that is an unknown to me.  
This was part of the four rose bushes that I inherited a couple of years ago.
I've done some searching and there are four that come close: Heirloom (hybrid tea rose), Fragrant Plum, Melody parfumee and Angel Face.

The one difference is that the photos that come up on Goggle do not show the whole rose bush.  The bush that I have produces clusters.  The cluster are deep in color, plum and when it blooms lightens to a beautiful mauve or lavender.  A very fragrant rose too.








In my vase is one cluster with a few "singing the blues" larkspurs.






You can see in the right corner a bud that is a deep plum.


I'm drying a few of the buds to see how they look.





Three days later they still look good.  It's hard to tell but they have lighten from when they were picked.





I hope you enjoyed my no name rose.  It's a beautiful rose and I'm so grateful of the prior owners generosity.


Garden week number 4:
Picked roses for inside. Cluster of Autumn Splendor
"Sunset celebration" roses.  It is off to a very good start this year.  Usually, the first blooms are much lighter and as the season warms it changes to color it is now. The buds are very large.



Cut three for my mantel.
Filled in the rest of the rose area with gorilla hair.  Hubby and a few of our  neighbors rented a lawn aerator.  Perfect timing before the rains.
This is the area we hope to work on.  I have been clipping and saving great ideas from garden magazines for a long while.

Thank you for taking the time to visit.  Wishing you a wonderful day.
Blessings!



3 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

I have seen Angel Face at several gardens in town here. It is very perfumed and a wonderful rose.
Your garden is looking so lovely and green. Love the floral displays in your home. Enjoy.

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, OMG your roses are out. that's my fav blooms in your garden. They are all lovely but the Orange is gorgeous and they look so beautiful and simply elegant on your white mantel. The lawn looks greant and I can't wait to see the new little area your working on. Your such an inspiration.
xxx
Marlene

Down by the sea said...

I love the colour of your plum coloured rose, it goes so well with the larkspur. Sarah x