"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hand Embroidered Tea Towels



I've just finished up my Mother's Day tea towels for my neighbor ladies.



For these three I used the "Aunt Martha's Vintage 1930's towels.
These I purchased at Jo-anns in a three pack.  The are the multi-strip.
I used also a few of the Iron transfers called:

Floral Teaposts #3898
Java Break #3997
Eight vegetable motifs #3286
Jumbo rick rack at the bottom

I've also purchased at Jo-anns.




The next three is used the "Aunt Martha's" flour sack tea towels.
At my local Jo-ann's they carry two sizes 28" x 28" (a great size) and 33" x 38" very large

The images came from:

Bird Brain Designs (live, love, laugh)
Aunt Martha iron - "java break" #3997
Crab-apple Hill - Cottage Flower pot #232

Added fabric strip or a ruffle at the bottom.  






I added some cotton twill tape to cover the ruffle raw edges.  I used some of my decorative machine stitching too.


Here are a few of my other towels Here , Here and Here.  I alway have fun making these.  I think it is time to make me some to add to my towel basket.
Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

These towels are lovely Bobbie Lynn. The embroidery is beautiful and I'm sure your neighbours will appreciate receiving such a pretty gift. Wishing you a wonderful Easter weekend. Elizabeth xx

Suzanne Bramble said...

What a wonderful gift, your neighbours are sure to love them. XX

Deb said...

Sweet towels your neighbors will love them. Aunt Martha's is one of my favorites for embroidery transfers. They are timeless.

Julie said...

These are amazing!!!! You sure can embroider!!! Great work! Love the additions of fabric, machine decorative stitch, and othe embellishments!!!!

Bits of Stitching! said...

Beautifully stitched and lovely choice of patterns and colors!