"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hydrangea Cards (Hero Arts Stamp)

I want to share a few cards that I have made using one of my favorite stamp images by Hero Arts, the Hydrangea. Here are some other cards and tag I made using this beautiful stamp:


Pressed flower Garden Tag

Just playing with different papers, inks, color pencils, mixing other stamps  and I also broke out my Copic markers.  I have had them for a while. It is one of their starter sets.

 This card, I used book paper, Memento ink in tuxedo black. I colored the images using Prisma pencils.  The butterflies are Hero Arts clear set called "antique engraving". A wonderful set. The sentiment is part of a birthday set from Papertrey Ink.

I stamped a script stamp on ivory paper using Memento Ink "lulu lavender". Used my gold leaf pen on the edges of the cards.



 Second card,  Playing with my Copic markers and one of the colorings I thought I would use it in a card.  I have picked up some great tips and how to build on what I have.  I've also used my other markers such as Tombow, Marvey and I just purchased at Tuesday Morning a couple of sets of American Craft "stamp markers".  For $5.00 a set, DEALl!  I do not want to go crazy and start buying Copic markers. I want to play with what I have and go from there.  They are not cheap but just playing with them I can start to see why people like them.

 I stamped the image, colored it and did the masking technique using this great background stamp by PSX. A great old school technique.

 A look at the stamps.  I use post its for my masking and I can re-use it a few more times.
 Here is my set and I have a list of the ones I'm going to build on, like the V09, RV11 and YG03.
Here are some sample that I colored and made notes on the back.  I used cream and white heavy weight card stock.  A few different techniques I found one line.
I had fun and pulled out a few more stamps to work on next.

Some good info for a beginner, like me.


and 



 The last card I found on Pintrest.  Love this card layout.  Click here for a video.

I stamp and cut out the dragonfly.  Used glue dots in the center on the body.

The inks I used:
Memento Dye inks in: tuxedo black for the sentiment.
Distress ink: milled lavender (for the script background and inked the edges)
Versa fine inks (these are great vibrant colors): Imperial purple and Olympia green. On the hydrangea.
 I like using the small ink pads when apply the inks right onto the stamps.  I have more control.


I used foam dots to life the card and give it more dimension.


We had some rain last night and that is always a welcome.  Today, sunny, breezy and cool. We start to warm up tomorrow and by mid week we will see some high 90 degree weather.  
Thank for commeting on my video.  Hope everyone is having a good day. Bye for now.
Blessings!



8 comments:

Julie said...

which ink do you use to stamp when you are going to color in with Copic. These are what my daughter and i have. i have a pigment ink pad, but it smears.

these are gorgeoys! love the stamped and cut out butterflies!!!

Julie

Leanne said...

Your cards are beautiful,

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Such beautiful cards, have you ever stamped onto fabric? There was a little pin cushion in a recent magazine (Hompespun) that used a stamped image and then stitched etc.

Glad to hear that you had some rain for your garden.

Happy creating.
Bev.

Suzanne Bramble said...

That is a really pretty stamp and I love everything you've done with it. I've not had my stamps out for a while. Have super week. XX

Elizabeth said...

Hi Bobby Lynn, lovely cards - the hydrangea blooms are golden and I like your collage style. Thanks for your earlier comment. In answer to your question on ProMarkers - they are alcohol markers. I like the quality and have quite a wide selection of colours. Like you say it's amazing just what there is available now but these were what was available here in the UK before Copics, and now several other brands, became more readily available to us. Weather here is cool, wet and windy ... all our lovely cherry blossom has blown away! Gardening is being done in the fairer spells ... I planted out some Sweet Williams and lettuce on Tuesday. Snapdragons (Antirrhinums) will be planted up next and for another planned border there's quite a large order of herbaceous perennials is expected any day. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Deb said...

WOW the cards are just beautiful

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful cards with this Hydrangea stamp, Bobbie Lynn!

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, happy belated Mother's day. Love your card, the coloring in your Hydrangea stamp is so pretty. Love it.
Blessing,
Marlene