"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, May 31, 2014

This Week In The Garden, Week 12

Monday morning.
One of the mini Sunflowers bloomed. 


 Monday evening


TUESDAY






Mini "lizzano" tomatoes in a container. They are so sweet. You need a large container for these.  This container was too small.

Below, patty pan, larger tomatoes of celebrity , smaller tomatoes of lizzano and "Juliet.




WEDNESDAY


The roses are having another bloom cycle. Did some rearranging of my containers in the patio area.






THURSDAY

Patty pans, crookneck, Juliet tomatoes and some hot hot serranos.
Hubby and I had the squash for dinner.  They were so delicious.




Cucumbers flower,  Lemon

 Below is the butternut squash, Waltham. So far so good.
I do have more in peat pots.

 Another mini sunflower opened.
Elves blend, seed by Botanical Interests


 Another one just about to open.



 The birds love playing the in garden.
They are the ones that have been ripping the leaves on my sunflowers. I was blaming the grasshoppers.


FRIDAY


 Another sunflower Elves starting to open.



A few more to pick


 My container Bacopa abunda giant white looks so pretty. Next year I will transfer it over into a larger container.  


Rose Gilardi


Seedlings of Sunflowers, green cucumber, butternut squash and cosmos brights


SATURDAY MORNING


 The sunflower opened

So far they like this narrow area.  They receive the afternoon sun.


 This sunflower came from the same Elves blend seed packet.
Not so Elves like in size.  
It has a nice large bud and I can't wait to see what it looks like.



Ronald Reagan rose bush is doing well in its new area 




 Ms. Lollobrigida looks pretty in the morning sun.



A beautiful cluster of Tuscan sun roses.


Serrano chile plant.
It has a lot flowers and chiles on it.


Now, onto week 13.



Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely photos Bobby Lynn - your roses are beautiful and you certainly are enjoying a rich harvest of tomatoes. I've taken a few photos of my garden today; I'll post them once I've downloaded them from the camera. Elizabeth xx

Bits of Stitching! said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful virtual garden tour! I will like to try container tomatoes. The roses are exquisite!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

What a beautiful post. Especially love the Monday evening photo. Gosh those leaves on the sunflower are huge, wonder how big the head will be.
Happy gardening.
Bev.

Casa Mariposa said...

Looks like there's a lot going on in your garden! I'm impressed you already have vegetables. Everything looks beautiful! :o)

Down by the sea said...

What a lovely idea to show us your garden and highlights from the week. Sarah x