"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, July 14, 2014

Garden Week 19





 A beautiful bright orange Cosmos Brights. 


 They do attract a lot of  bees.

 A gorgeous looking Waltham butternut squash and there are few more on this vine.

This morning, I was going to take down the two plants of butternuts that I had planted against the wall.  The tiny butternuts at eye level were not growing and the vines were starting to get white spots.  While I was cutting away I saw this nice  size butternut.   I guess I will not be cutting the vine down anytime soon.


 Two  new squash plants  I had transferred a couple of weeks ago.  They are  "cocozelle" summer squash.  The seeds came from Botanical Interests.  In the photo is a tiny squash forming.

San Marzano tomatoes





I made some fresh pasta sauce and it was so good. A perfect quick meal for summer.
I hope to make more this week.




 Along the side of the house, the roses and lavender bushes are doing well.


 I love lavender and these were started by seed several years ago.

 The smaller lavender plant at the top right corner, I hope to transfer it to another spot along the house. These are English lavender. Seeds came from Renee's Garden.


 My mini sorbet roses. 



Border rose area


Meidiland white  roses

clusters of red "carefree spirit" roses





The hydrangeas are still blooming.  I see a few more buds on both plants.
I love the way they look at the moment.
Victorian looking with shades of pink, lavender and green.


Here is the hydrangea stem that I had posted a while ago.
This was just a stem that my friend had given me.
It may make it. The plant receives indirect light.





A cluster of light pink and green


The weather here has been humid and this morning we had some light rain.  
I'm getting a few containers ready to sow some carrot seeds.  I have seen where a few Gardeners have grown them in pots.  I think I will give it a try this year.

Have a wonderful day and days ahead. Thank you for visiting my blog.
Blessings!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Nice everything! you are putting me to shame! i need to put more work into everything!!!!! lol. i always WANT to do more, but i don't! Well, maybe when i get back home!!!

Janneke said...

At this time of year every day there is something new to admire in the garden, that keeps us going. Beautiful, thank you for showing.

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Oh I do love that White Meiland Rose, has it a perfume. I imagine it does.
Your garden is looking so lovely, with lots of colour, no wonder you enjoy it.

Happy days.
Bev.

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, ok time to catch up on your garden. Everything is so beautiful. I love your squash, it beautiful. The front, with all the roses, gorgeous.
Blessing,
Marlene