Here is my finished summer dress.
New Look Pattern 6022
Last month I worked on the alternations. A little at a time.
I picked up some wonderful tips on YouTube
Here are just a few channels
Professor Pincushion : https://www.youtube.com/user/ProfessorPincushion
FashionSewing BlogTV: https://www.youtube.com/user/FashionSewingBlogTV
Plus, I did take a 45 minute class with a wonderful lady that helped me with all my questions.
I did make a muslin dress and transferred my adjustments onto the pattern (I created another tissue patten and left the original pattern "as is".
Then came the fun part. Looking for fabric and I found this paisley print at Jo-anns store.
Fabric made by Jules & Coco #JC-291
$12.99 a yard.
The fabric washed and pressed beautifully.
I made view "C", the purple dress
The issue I had with the pattern, it was a very oversized pattern. No shape to the dress and for someone that has curves. The dress was not going to look good without making adjustments. It just hung on me like a sack.
The hip area fit good but the upper part of the dress was way too big and that is were I did all the adjustments.
The neck area I did take in the outer pleats in , 1/16" on each side. This made the collar lay flatter.
The pattern was not hard to make at all. It is very easy to sew.
I think this dress would look better with a smaller belt in a solid color.
Picking up the brighter color in the fabric.
I will keep my eye open for a ready made belt or
If not, I like it without the belt too.
I enjoyed the process from start to finish.
I did buy another dress pattern but I think I want to make a few more dress using this pattern
maybe one with a different sleeve.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope to have photos of the garden next time
Have a wonderful day