"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, July 11, 2014

New Look Dress Pattern 6022 (0113)


Here is my finished summer dress.
New Look Pattern 6022

Last month I worked on the alternations. A little at a time.
I picked up some wonderful tips on YouTube

Here are just a few channels





Plus, I did take a 45 minute class with a wonderful lady that helped me with all my questions. 

I did make a muslin dress and transferred my adjustments onto the pattern (I created another tissue patten and left the original pattern "as is".
Then came the fun part.  Looking for fabric and I found this paisley print  at Jo-anns store.

 Fabric made by Jules & Coco #JC-291
$12.99 a yard.
100% cotton 

The fabric washed and pressed beautifully.


I made view "C", the purple dress

 The issue I had with the pattern,  it was a very oversized pattern. No shape to the dress and for someone that has curves. The dress was not going to look good without making adjustments.  It just hung on me like a sack.


The hip area fit good but the upper part of the dress was way too big and that is  were I did all the adjustments. 
The neck area I did take in the outer pleats in , 1/16"  on each side. This made the collar lay flatter.

The pattern was not hard to make at all.  It is very easy to sew. 





I think this dress would look better with a smaller belt in a solid color.
Picking up the brighter color in the fabric.
I will keep my eye open for a ready made belt or
fabric.
If not, I like it without the belt too.



I enjoyed the process from start to finish.
I did buy another dress pattern but I think I want to make a few more dress using this pattern
maybe one with a different sleeve.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope to have photos of the garden next time
Have a wonderful day 
Blessings!

4 comments:

Julie said...

What a pretty dress! I am impressed with your alterations! The fabric is so lovely!!!!!

Bev C said...

Bobbie Lynn,

You are a clever cookie making those adjustments, I would have left it in the tooooo hard basket. The floral fabric is lovely on you.

Happy sewing.
Bev.

Marlene Plasencia said...

WOW Bobbie Lynn, you did a beautiful job. Love that sweet dress.
Blessing,
Marlene

Elizabeth said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, what a pretty dress - I like the elasticated detail on the back as it makes a better fit. It looks a very comfortable dress and the colour is lovely. I used to make many of my clothes, and the children's, many years ago but now I just don't have any enthusiasm for dressmaking though I love sewing. Elizabeth xx