"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, July 25, 2014

Using "The French Country" paper stack by DCWV


(click on the the photo to view the larger)




For several months I have been using for cards and other projects DCWV's paper stack called "The French County".  Very shabby prints and when I saw this paper pad I purchased two pads. I do not think I could get tired of this collection.

The photo at the top are two frames purchased from Michaels craft store $1.50 bin.
Gold leaf pen for the edges
Using Papertrey Inks "love lives here, holiday collection #3" This is a die set with matching stamps.
I embossed the background paper using a swiss dot embossing folder.

The sentiments "joy, peace and love" come from a clear stamp set by Papertry Ink called  

 I used the top portion of the tree (die) for the banner on my next card.


It made a perfect banner.
I did some stitching around the card. Size of the card is 5" x 7"
added some sequins  on the left of the card.
The label is a Sizzix BigZ die. By Brenda Walton called "gift tags"

I stamped a background stamp using Memento dye ink "angel pink". It added a textured look to the label. 
The sentiment was stamped next. A clear stamp set by Penny Black called "Gratitude".

Martha Stewart butterfly punch. One of my go to punches.

A2 size
I finally got this pretty die out and starting playing with it.
The bird die came from  Poppystamps, Inc 2012 
called "serene bird"
I made my own flowers using a flower punch.
I love making my own flowers and other embellishments using left over scraps.

Half back pearls for the centers and a sizzix leaf and branch die for the leaves.
swiss dot embossing folder and sanded after

This was my favorite card.


The next few cards are A1 size.

Using more left over scraps
came these two heart cards
The sentiment is part of the "gratitude" stamp set
Heart paper punch and added some sequins to the "with love" card.



 
And more left overs to made this quick card
Martha Stewart butterfly and lacy border punch.  




Another die from the "love lives here" die set. 
The sentiment is the stamp from  Papertrey Ink called "Christmas blessing"
I used the same stamp in the Framed Christmas trees.  I just cut them to use separately. 

Sentiment is also part of the "Christmas Blessing" stamp set.

I was happy to be able to use some of the papers from this paper pad for a few Christmas cards.

Friday, Yay!
Have a wonderful weekend  and thank you for stopping by.



5 comments:

Janneke said...

So beautiful these cards and how patient you have to be to be able to make these beauties. Hats Off!

Julie said...

Oh, gosh, Bobbie Lynn! They are all so beautiful! Love how you created the banner with the top of the tree die. Love everything you can do with your Sizzix. I saw a neat paper bird idea. Gonna try it and mail you a card! ;)
Xoxo-Julie

Elizabeth said...

Hi Bobbi Lynn, gorgeous projects and the paper is indeed beautiful. I particularly like your framed trees and the clever use of the tree tops to create bunting - one to remember. Elizabeth xx

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi, I love this paper collection so much. Your cards are so beautiful and elegant, love the bird and the little banner is so sweet.
Blessing,
Marlene

Stephanie said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn! Oh my, what a wonderful blog! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit here as I scrolled through your lovely posts.

Your cards and paper creations are beautiful and I love your bird card! My grandmother enjoyed her birds and she has passed that love down to me :)

I am now following along and I am excited to visit again. Take care and have a wonderful day! Hugs to you!