This is a project that I have been wanting to do for a long while.
While looking thru my project file I came across a project that I have been wanting to do for a while. It was from:
I love the way the banner came out.
I did some adjusting to the pattern
I made the pennants a bit larger and the cupcakes would fit better on the pennants.
I added 1/2" to the pattern
The pattern called for a single layer (with raw edges). I wanted the banner to be sturdier. Cutting the two layers of muslin fabric and sewing them together using a 1/4" seam allowance. Turn the pennant right side out, press and topstitch using a 1/4".
I used Pellon "wonder under" #805R for my appliqué pieces.
A zig zag stitch with contrasting thread colors.
I added jumbo rick rack and used pre-made bias tape extra wide double fold, 1/2" wide
I made one for my kitchen shelf that I showed on my last post, here.
I made this one using left over fabric from the pillow I made my Daughter, here
and purchased polkadot fabric from Jo-anns.
Added rickrack at the top.
These are fun to make and the possibilities are endless.
I will be making more.
It's the weekend and hope you have a great one.