"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, August 22, 2014

Cupcake Fabric Banner


This is a project that I have been wanting to do for a long while.
While looking thru my project file I came across a project that I have been wanting to do for a while.  It was from:


I love the way the banner came out.
I did some adjusting to the pattern

I made the pennants a bit larger and the cupcakes would fit better on the pennants.
I added 1/2" to the pattern


The pattern called for a single layer (with raw edges).  I wanted the banner to be  sturdier.  Cutting the two layers of muslin fabric and sewing them together using a 1/4" seam allowance.  Turn the pennant right side out, press and topstitch using a 1/4".

I used Pellon "wonder under" #805R for my appliqué pieces.
A zig zag stitch with contrasting thread colors. 
I added jumbo rick rack and used pre-made bias tape extra wide double fold, 1/2" wide


I made one for my kitchen shelf that I showed on my last post, here.



I made this one using left over fabric from the pillow I made my Daughter, here
and purchased polkadot fabric from Jo-anns.
Added rickrack at the top.
These are fun to make and the possibilities  are endless.
I will be making more.
It's the weekend and hope you have a great one.

Blessings


6 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is just too sweet, Bobbie Lynn! I absolutely love it!

Julie said...

Oh, Bobbie Lynn! They are gorgeous!!! I love them both. The cupcakes are so adorable for birthdays!

Jay said...

I adore this cupcake bunting, so pretty!

Marlene Plasencia said...

They are so beautiful, my fav is the cupcake one is so super sweet. The sunflowers on your header are gorgeous.
Blessings,
Marlene

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Just so good! Love them. I bet Danielle was happy with hers.

Happy days.
Bev.

Leanne said...

I Love your buntings, so cute with the cup cakes.