"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dried Lavender and Roses


I'm trying to savor the my summer garden by drying some of my roses, lavender and a few hygrangas.







I think this is a simple way to dry a few bundles of lavender.












At Target a few month ago I picked up  in there $1 or $2 dollar spots a couple of these jars with cork tops. I did not know what I was going to do with them at first, but they are perfect for keeping my dried lavender and  roses.
I just added ribbon and sewed on a charm from my stash.

I hope to fill the jar a bit more.


thank you for your visit.
and have a wonderful day.
Blessings.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, lovely post, beautiful photos. I have a question - how do you dry your roses? Is it just air drying or is there some other way of doing it? I'd love to dry some of my roses and next year I hope to have a lavender crop too. Unfortunately we've just had the tail end of Hurricane Bertha and she has ruined many of the flowering plants, flattened a good few on her way - so upsetting. Just as well nature recovers quickly or we'd never have gardens :) Elizabeth xx

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, first of all thank you so much for your beautiful ATCs they are so beautiful.
That is one great idea to dry the roses, you will have lots to choose from and they look beautiful behind the glass.
Blessing,
Marlene

Janneke said...

I love the simple way you dry your lavendel, it is looking beautiful too.

Stephanie said...

Oh how pretty! I love how the dried roses and lavender look in your glass jar :)

Have a lovely day! Hugs

Julie said...

Did you ever read the book called The Language of Flowers? You would love it!!!!!