"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, August 15, 2014

Garden and In the Kitchen at Week 23



My summer garden is coming to an end.



The last of the San Marzano tomatoes, I roasted them using olive oil, salt, pepper and sprinkled with oregano. I put them in the freezer for later use.  
They make great toppings to a salad, add them to a sandwich.  I can't wait to use them on my pizza.  


These "celebrity" tomatoes were put into  a tart


 One of the large ones almost weight a pound.



Here is the the tomato tart.
This is a Martha Stewart recipe that I had saved from an old magazine.
I finally got to make it once again.

I did find it on goggle HERE

I did add some fresh rosemary and thyme to the pate brisee





Yellow finches love the seeds from the sunflower and cosmos.



More of the butternut squashes are starting to turn color.
Hubby had to make some mesh hangers to help support them.
They are very heavy. He also had to add more support to the fence.  





They are so pretty.
I can't wait to cook with them.


Cocozelle squash.



Monarch butterfly enjoying the lantana bush.



 I made a banner for my kitchen self.






I used one of my bird dies for an appliqué.
Yo-yo's were made with leftover scraps and heart buttons were used for the centers.
The "rework romance" was part of the salvage.

Lace at the top


 I really like the way it came out.
I want to make more.



Have a wonderful day.
Blessings!



3 comments:

Janneke said...

Lovely that banner on your kitchen shelf and the butterfly on your Lantana is stunning, we have no Monarchs here. So nice to make tomatoe tart of own tomatoes, I like to do that too.

Julie said...

I love that adorable, sweet banner! It is so darn cute! Great Monarch photos! The butternuts are amazing! Thank goodness your hubby can make the supports stronger! They look huge!!! The tomato tart looks delicious! I will have to give it a try! Your tomato harvest was great! You sure do stay busy, and put me to shame! Great work!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Monarch's are such a lovely visitor to have to the garden. The cooking is making me hungry, great tomatoes, especially the big one. Love the banner it decorates your kitchen nicely. Lovely lot of cards in your next post too.

Happy creating.
Bev.