"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Garden Week No.# 28

I can't believe we will be saying "good-bye" to Summer.
Autumn begins September 22nd but Summer for the past week and this week is giving us here Southern California a blast of heat, triple digits.




 Container "Rose Gilardi" roses.


Container variegated germanium


Pope John Paul II - Hybrid Tea rose bush



 Princess de Monaco - Hybrid tea rose tree


 First time bloomer in my yard, "Meidiland"
A beautiful rose bush.  She will have a new home next year. 
She needs to be in a larger area where she can preform better.
The bush produces long branches (photo below) with beautiful clusters of roses, as you can see in the top photo.


 The chilies look hot but they are not.  The taste like sweet bell peppers.
Too much watering we were told by other gardeners


The summer squash is a "cocozelle".  I try not to let them get to large.  This is the largest you want them go grow.  The larger they grow the tougher the skin and not as tasty. About 3" they are at their best.




The cosmos brights are almost at their end but they are producing plenty of food for the yellow finches that visit my garden.


Autumn Splendor roses


 Tuscan Sun roses


 Sunset Celebration roses

 Pink Confection JAcute mini rose bush
Doing very well
I just love the tiny buds.
So sweet
and it produces beautiful clusters also
I have one in the ground and one in a container



 Ronald Reagan Rose - Hybrid tea
 My favorite in the rose area, Yves Piaget - Hybrid tea


 I have mentioned that I am planning on a "cut flower" garden for next year.


 But, when I walk into my kitchen and I see this bouquet of roses I realize how much I love roses and would love to grow more.
I have received my new seed catalogues and made my list of flowers for next year. 
Maybe a couple more roses and a tiny cut flower garden? 
We will see.

















I was happy with my summer garden and I can't wait for next year.

Thank you for stopping by.
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Blessings

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn! Your roses are so beautiful and brought a smile to my face :) And those chili peppers look very tasty!

Have a lovely day. Hugs and blessings to you!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Your garden has done so well, so much colour. Aren't the leaves on the Pelargoniums just so pretty. You may be lucky that you watered the chilies too much, at least this way you can eat them without the worry of them being too hot.

Happy gardening.
Bev.

Leanne said...

Your garden is so full of colour, it looks lovely, I wish I could have those golden cosmos, I have never seen that colour, Must have a look in some seed catalogues. I only have pink and white.
On Sunday I am planting all my gladioli bulbs, hurry up Summer , I can't wait.

Julie said...

All gorgeous, Bobbie Lynn! Sorry so darn hot out there! It has been cooling down here! Amazingly! I am doing laundry and mowing lawn here today in preparation for a small trip tomorrow for 2 days! Want to get house all perfect before I leave, as I am leaving hubby home with Doozey! I am hoping to make some skeletonized leaves today too!
xoxo- Julie

Down by the sea said...

Wow you still have such a wonderful selection of roses. If only I could grow them so well here. Sarah x