"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Halloween Cards for 2014

 I'm not a big Halloween person but I do make a few cards and have a couple of decorative items that I display in the house.

This year I used some left over scraps of Graphic 45 images and other odd and ends of paper and embellishments to make these cards.

(click onto the photos to see them better)


I have a 12 x 12 plastic container with all my "fall" colored papers  and embellishments in.  It keeps me organized and I looked to see what I have and what goes together before I got out and buy more paper.

The little girl image is a Graphic 45.  It was a 12 x 12 sheet with a lot of different images.  The background paper,  DCWVs "four seasons" paper pad.  Added some paper punched flowers with half back pearls and up at the corner too.  I did some sewing around the paper also.

 Fussy cut the little boy image from a left over scrap.  Background paper, DCWVs "four seasons". The sentiments came from the top of the 12 x 12 papers.  Those are keepers and they come in handy for my cards.   The banner and stars are Papertrey Inks Christmas die set (love lives here - holiday)

 The pattern paper DCWV's "four seasons". The decorative washi tape I had purchased from Jo-anns last year.  It was perfect for the cards. The cute little pumpkins I had in my stash, a clearance item from last year.   They are a Martha Stewart product.  Some stitching using black thread and added on  one of the cards a left over hand made rosette.

Here is the post that I did back in 2012 on a few more
Halloween cards, HERE.

 I have put out some my usual fall decorations but I wanted to show you the other banner I had made for Halloween.  I was on a roll that day making a lot of them.  They are fun, quick and easy.



thank you for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Blessings!

4 comments:

deb said...

wonderful Halloween inspired cards and banner!
love your sunflower blog header photo ~ absolutely stunning & your sweet corgyn.

Deb said...

Lovely Halloween cards, it so happens to be one of my favorite times of the year. I love the autumn and all the colors that go with it. I love the vintage type graphics too reminds of of those long ago school days.

Leanne said...

Your cards are beautiful, I especially love the Halloween ones, the pumpkins are so sweet, Love your banner. It looks great hanging over the mirror.

Julie said...

Beautiful cards, Bobbie Lynn! That Halloween banner is so cool! How did you do that large stitch in orange across the top of it???? Gorgeous!