"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Projects Using "The French Country" Paper

Those hot days that we had here in Southern California all I could do was indoor projects. I brought out my favorite paper pad by DCWV called "The French Country Stack". 


A few months ago I purchased at Target a few jars.  One of them I posted a while ago adding my dried lavender and roses, HERE.

These two here, I add some of my Grandmothers wooden spools that she had given me a long time ago and some of my dried mini roses from my Summer garden "2014".
I used Martha Stewart Multi-surface acrylic paint called, summer linen.  


Using some of the papers to cover the top.


I did not want to cover the lid too much so I went with a simple grosgrain ribbon and twine.  I added a tag to journal.



 I did not want to cover up the papers so I just went very simple on these cards.
The sentiments are the Penny Black clear set called "gratitude".  The rose stamp is a 2003 Stampin Up wood stamp.  I used my markers to color rose stamp using  American Craft marker called "blush" and Tombow marker #098.  These are water base markers. I inked the Spellbinder lacy circle die using a soft green chalk ink and followed up with my gold leaf pen. 

 The butterfly is a Papertrey Ink die.  The "just a little note" stamp is a Stampendous wood stamp.

 Merci is a wood stamp by A Muse Artstamps. The decorative tape is a Martha Stewart that I just found at the Dollar Tree store. I believe the label die is a QuicKutz  die.    

 

 The Mother's day stamp on the left is a Hero Arts and the other is a Stampin Up.


 I made some paper pockets using lunch bags.
Four note cards with envelopes fit perfect.
I used the same rose stamp but in one color to stamp all over the pocket.
A belly band and added a die cut flower (tattered floral die by Tim Holtz)

I made some a while ago HERE, using brown paper bags for Fall.






With some of the scraps I made another Framed Christmas tree.
Here are two more, HERE 


I also used some of the left over fabric to make another tea pot.
Here is another one that I made HERE.


Thanks for your visit and have a Wonderful Day!


6 comments:

Leanne said...

Wow Bobbie Lynn those cards are so beautiful and those jars are just perfect. I love how you have decorated them. The papers are so pretty.

Janneke said...

Lovely cards and decorations in a soft romantic style!

Stephanie said...

Oh Bobbie Lynn, everything is so beautiful and romantic! I was ooohin and ahhhing at all of your pictures :)

Hugs to you!

Julie said...

You are one busy girl!!! I love those paper pockets you made! Very cool! Your jars are beautiful! Love your quilted teapot! Wow! You are always creating, and it is fun to see everything you do!!!
My zinnias are dying down...I will have to replace with new ones soon! It's all good.
Have a lovely week!
Julie

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Just so inspiring, are the jars you use the ones with the two parts to the lid. Love that you own your Grandmothers spool's, lovely to have some family history. You are so inspirational Bobbie Lynn.

Happy days.
Bev.

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn,
You have been creating some beautiful goodies. I love your sweet cards. Everything is so soft and romantic, the jars are so cute. Please, I have a little ready to head you way next week. Can I get your address again: jebert@hushmail.com
Blessing,
Marlene