"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Apple Picking, Parcels and Garden

A lot of photos to share.
Hubby and I went to one of our favorite places to visit during the Fall season.
Oak Glen

For the past 20 years, we have enjoyed this beautiful little place
but it has changed and a lot of stores have closed and
a lot more homes and business  have been built.


(Click onto the photos to see them larger)






Los Rios Ranch
here is their web page for more information.

They have a lot of fastivites during the months October - December 

The have a neat store inside and also a wonderful bakery.



We took our boy too.


Apple trees are so beautiful



Hey-rides there too.


Our next stop



The little deer had no problem coming up to Opie.



This adorable little pup was so happy to see Opie.
This was a booth that sold sunglass for dogs.
No, we did not buy any for Opie.


Inside the village they have tiny stores that look like doll houses.

They are so cute.  I would love to own one of these.








Our last stop 


We brought home a bag of Jonagold apples and some apricot jam.


there is nothing like fresh apples just picked.


I also received some beautiful parcels

 the first one is from Marlene.
She sent me some beautiful handmade papers, embellishments and this beautiful apron.

Here is her YouTube video HERE, where she talks about how she altered some canvas aprons.

 and another gorgeous ATC.  
Here is one of her videos that she shares how she makes her fabric ATC's

The next parcel is from
Leanne
Her blog is called Lizzie the quilter

She is a talented quilter and quilt designer.

She also loves to garden.

 She sent me one of her pincushions and quilted bags.
She also added some wonderful fabrics from her stash also with some scrapbook papers, stickers and
some wonderful photos of her past creations.

Thank you ladies for your sweet kindness.

In the Garden.


I'm trying to grow carrots in containers.
I had four but the cutworms destroyed one of the containers.


The Fall weather here in Southern California is perfect for my roses.
I think we are past the extreme heat.











 I thought the butternut vine was done. When Hubby went out to take the vine out, He saw two nice size butternuts.
Amazing.  We will leave them on the vine to see if they will continue  to ripen. 


 Last year we found a tiny shoot growing in our raise bed.  It was a maple tree.
Hubby transplanted into a container and so far is doing great.

The leaves on it are starting to change.

One last thing.
I finished my laundry curtains.

I found the perfect fabric from my local 
quilt store


The top valance I used a large gingham.  There was no marking on the salvage of the manufacture.
The pretty floral fabric is "bonnie & camille" line called Scruptious (Moda fabric).
I did line the curtains using 
broadcloth.



Next step is to paint the room.

Here is the book that I used to help be make my curtians.
I have had this book for very long time and has been very helpful.




Thank you for stoping by.
Have a wonderful day!
Blessings

3 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

The man who swapped that land for 4 mules was very sensible, so much history in the ranch. What a fantastic place to visit the little homes are enticing. A lovely parcel of gifts, the little bag is beautiful. Your garden is looking lovely, your carrots are more advanced than ours. Are you planning to put the Maple into the ground? Great to see your curtains finished. I like some of the older books too, lots of information in them without the fuss and adds that are in today's magazines.

Happy days.
Bev.

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn. What a beautiful place to visit and that ranch looked like a lot of fun. So glad you liked my goodies. Beautiful fabric to play with, how sweet. The Roses are so beautiful and your curtains look great. Thank you so much for the sweet card, your amazing.
Blessing,
Marlene

Julie said...

Oh wowzers! The fall fun abounds right now! The apple farms are so amazing! What fun! Love that you found some more butternuts on your plants! Very cool. Your roses are looking gorgeous! The curtains are too cute for words, Bobbie Lynn!!! I really love how they turned out!!!
Hugs to you...Julie