"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Christmas Flannel Quilt

Here is a quilt that should have been done about 7 years ago.
The reason for not completing it back then?
The quilt pattern had two different blocks to make a beautiful large quilt.
I sewed up both sets of blocks and they cam out two different sizes.   : (

I was so frustrated, I just put it away.  This year I promised myself that I would work on my unfinished quilts.  The first one I posted a while ago, HERE


I took one set of the blocks and laid them out and this is the pattern I got and a smaller quilt, lap size.



This is a flannel quilt.
It was the first time making a quilt using flannel and it was a bit more delicate to work with.
The fabric unraveled more and the it had a lot more stretch to it than cotton fabric.
I needed to be more careful with the blocks when ironing the seams, no seam either.



The block size is 6-1/2





This one will be going to Hubby and I have another set of blocks to work with.

I will try to work on that soon but now I need to get to my next sewing project, curtains for my laundry room.

Thank you for your nice comments on my boy Opie.
Yes, he is a sweetie.
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day.
Blessings


6 comments:

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, this quilt is beautiful. I love the colors. I don't think I could ever create something like this. Mailing you a little something next week.
Blessing,
Marlene

Julie said...

Oh this turned out beautifully! Love that you used one size blocks for this and have more for another quilt! Now you are getting me in a Christmas mood. !!! :)
xoxo.

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

This quilt is stunning, love the colours of the fabric. Well done on getting it all together, especially as it was a difficult fabric to sew with. Good luck with the curtains.

Happy days.
Bev

Deb said...

Bobbie Lynn the quilt is lovely you did a great job and I know first hand using flannel can be a challenge, the ends fray fast and you have all those little threads everywhere but your end result is simply stunning. The colors are some warm and cozy looking I imagine your quilt will wrap you in warmth all winter.

Stephanie said...

My dear Bobbie Lynn, your quilt is stunning! I love the colors are so rich and beautiful.

Enjoy your day! Hugs

Down by the sea said...

The colours are lovely. It is good you returned to finish it after so many years! Sarah x