"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Butterfly Birthday Card


A fun card to make using different stamps from your collection to make a neat background.

Here are the stamps that I used to make the back ground

The script sentiments stamp is a 2001 Stampin Up! I thought it would make a good background and I used it for the inside of the card too.

"May this birthday bring life's true gifts, good health, friendship and love"


The stamp second stamp, there is no manufacturing mark on the wood block.


The butterfly is from Hero Arts clear set called "antique engraving".  I did the masking technique for the butterflies and used the two stamps above to create the background using Hero Arts Shadow Ink called "soft granite". Using a lighter ink color the butterflies would pop on the card.

The "happy birthday to you" is a Hero Arts wood block stamp. I stamped that on a separates piece  of paper.
A gold leaf pen to edge around the papers.
I used some left over decorative paper from the "Mariposa" paper pad for a layered look.

I stamp one more butterfly and cut it out and glue the center of the body only to give it a 3D look.


I like making cards that have no extra bulk  and no extra postage required.

Have a wonderful day!


No comments: