"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Apple Pie and A Cat In A Costume

My first go at making an apple pie.
I do need to work on the crust part but  I know what I did wrong.

The crust did not taste bad it was too crumbly when I was rolling it out. I think it was due to me not following directions. I wanted to use my food processor.
 The directions for this recipe called for a pastry blender.
Next time .  


It was a perfect Fall day to bake too.

Hubby and I had fun with our new apple peeler.
It made the job so much easier.
The filling was so tasty and it reminded me of my grandmothers apple pies.  She was great pie maker.
I used Jonagold apples. 


Hubby and I went back to Oak Glen 
to pick up some more apples and also have breakfast at Law's coffee shop


Friday was so beautiful and a perfect day for a nice early morning drive.
In the evening we did get some rain.
We stopped at different apple orchard called Snow-Line

A narrow road up to the orchard

inside the shop.  They also make some tasty "cider donut holes" too.




Rows of berry bushes. 
Not in season but next Spring.



Some Grandparents get Halloween photos of their Grandkids.

Hubby and I got one of your Daughters cat.
She loves to dress him as you can see.
An Ewok cat.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, your apple pie looks delicious - even the pastry looks yummy. The scenery around your neighbourhood is looking stunning at this time of year - love that red leaved tree. That's a very patient cat - my Bonnie would be off like greased lightening if we tried dressing her up :) Elizabeth xx

Julie said...

That does look like one yummy pie! You know what? This reminded me of my Mom's apple pie. She added something special on top right before putting on the top crust. It was a generous sprinkling of Red Hots candies! It gave the pie some lovely color inside, but added the sweet cinnamin flavor, and we just loved it!!!!! That apple farm, and the coffee shop look so great! I love cider donuts! Love all of your colored leaves there!!!!!

Xoxo-Julie

Stephanie said...

Hi dear Bobbie Lynn! Your apple pie looks divine and made my mouth water - I bet it tasted delicious :)

Your cat is adorable and made me smile. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

I love apple pie, a few weeks ago I had a craving for one, a real home made one, should have gone to your place. Love the photo of Danielle's cat, it made me smile and laugh.

Happy days.
Bev.