"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, November 10, 2014

Rosie Posie Birthday Card



For the past few weeks, I have been playing around with my papers, dies, inks and stamps.
So, I thought this week, I would show you one project for the next six days.

I'm real happy how this card turned out.



I used a cream colored 5" x 7" card base



This pretty butterfly paper came from the paper pad by DCWV called "mariposa"
I wanted to bring out the colors of the butterflies.


The flowers and leaves are from Papertrey Inks stamp and die set called "Rosie Posie".  The darker shading in the flowers and leaves is the other set called  "Rosie Posie, step 2".  
The inks I used on the roses are Hero Arts Shadow Ink in dark quarts, just rust.
For the smaller rose buds I used Hero Arts Showdow Ink in "pool" and Memento ink  "teal zeal".
One the leaves I used Hero Arts "soft olive and Memento ink in Olive grove.

I used some pop foam squares to pop the flowers up.



I used a beautiful copper colored card stock by Cordinations to cut out "lacy circle" die by Spellbinders.

A Spellbinder large circle die (layered onto of the lacy die). I used a sheet from DCWV's "rustic" paper pad. I used a script stamp that I purchased at Hobby Lobby called, faded text background. A very pretty stamp.The Ink I used was a Hero Arts Shadow Ink called, Butter bar. It was the perfect shade and if gave the paper some extra texture.
The birthday stamp is a Papertrey Ink set called, Inside and Out: Birthday.

Martha Stewart butterfly punches

On Fridays post I will show you another card using the Rosie Posie set.

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day.





5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hello sweet lady! Your card is simply beautiful! I love the roses and butterflies - it's so dainty and elegant :)

Happy Monday to you!

Janneke said...

You created a wonderful birthday card, lovely with the butterflies and of course the roses....

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, you make the most beautiful cards ever. I love the butterflies and the roses. Just so sweet.
Have a great week my dear.
Blessings,
Marlene

Leanne said...

You card is so pretty Bobbie Lynn, I love the roses and the sweet butterfly.

Julie said...

This did turn out super-cute!!! Love the Mariposa! I agree with Stephanie...very dainty and elegant!!!
XOXO- Julie