"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Felt Hearts For Christmas and In The Garden

I want to share my last project for the year with you.
It was a last minute thing for me

The inspraition came from a wonderful book that I purchased a few months ago at Tuesday Morning.
The tile of the book is called "quilt a gift" by Barri Sue Gaudet.  A wonderful book with a lot of projects.  A great find for me.


I purchased some felt from my local quilt shop.  I used Spellbinder heart dies  and they cut out perfect. 
I know that I can freehand cut hearts out but if I can do it using my dies, why not.


I need a lot of practice on my stitching but I am hooked on felt.
I hope to do some Mother's Day project using felt and hope to do some other projects from the book.

I also tried out some of my Papertrey Ink dies.
No problem with cutting the felt.

IN THE GARDEN:


December in Southern California, nice sunny days and my roses were still blooming.  
But it is that time for them do be trimmed down.


There will be some moving of roses to the front of the house, into containers, give one away and I did just order another new rose.
I will be receiving Her some time in the early part of the next year, can't wait.


I still have to trim the rose around the house and the few that I have in containers.
I will be doing that right after Christmas.

I was so happy to see my little container maple tree change with beautiful fall colors
Hubby and I hope to make this a bonsai maple tree.


I'm trying out growing carrots in containers.
These are Thumbelina carrots.

With the rain a few of the carrots popped out of the soil.
Hope the rest of them will continue to grow.

We did have a lot of rain here and it finally feels like winter. Nice cool mornings and nights.
Last year we were all dressed in shorts for Christmas.

But now we are drying out.


Hubby found this magnet bumper sticker at out local pet store,
very cute.

I want to thank all of you for visiting my blog  and those of you who left comments.
I enjoy reading them and sharing them with my family.

I hope to be sharing more of my garden with you next year along with my crafting.

Take care, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Blessings   : )

9 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

The felt hearts etc are lovely. Using the scrapbooking products to get the shape is a great idea. I usually get one side of a heart right and the other side is just plain wobbly. Your garden is looking great. Love the leaves on the maple.The mini carrots look so lovely and I bet they taste delish.
Merry Christmas.

Bev.

Janneke said...

You crafted some lovely felt hearts! When I see the sunny weather on your pictures I almost long to be in California too. Your garden is still looking nice. We have to wait till March/April before we can trim our roses. I think it a good idea to have carrots in pots, only for the foliage it looks already lovely.
Wish you a Merry Christmas!

Deb said...

Your felt hearts turned out nicely and its nice to see your garden still looking spring time fresh. You have an amazing green thumb. Thank you for sharing your crafts and garden through out the year and thank you for stopping by my blog too.
I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.

ornella said...

Hallo Bobbie Lynn, i tuoi lavori con il feltro mi piacciono molto, danno un senso di calore e sono bellissimi da appendere all'albero. A wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.

Leanne said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn, your felt hearts are lovely, Merry Christmas.

Julie said...

Its always sad to cut roses back severely, but fun to watch them re-emerge even fuller! Love your felt hearts, and tags! My daughter and I were making little stuffed fet animals from the "super cute" collections. It is so fun and relaxing to do the quick fun projects like this! Your cutter works well for the hearts, and any shapes. Perfect!
Have a great Christmas!
Love, Julie

Marlene Plasencia said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn, loving your garden wow you still have roses in bloom. The flet heart is so cute and I love that sticker. Wishing you my sweet friend a Merry Christmas and a New Year full of blessings.
xxx
Marlene

Down by the sea said...

Merry Christmas. Sarah x

Leisa said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn. Could you be in contact re giveaway so I can send your magazine. Thanks. Leisa